Remaining matches - how will we do?

adam0102

Fans' Favourite
With comments on various threads about how many points we need from the next x games, and are any "must wins", I thought I'd guess at where we'll end up this year looking at the remaining games. I am trying to be realistic, but may have overstepped into negativity....

ManU 0
Liverpool 1
ManC 0
West Ham 1
Everton 1
BHA 1
Arsenal 0
West Ham 0
Chelsea 0
Stoke 3
Huddersfield 1
Newcastle 3
Leicester 1
Spurs 0
WBA 3
Watford 1
Palace 3
Liverpool 0
ManU 0
Southampton 1
Swansea 3
Burnley 1

24 more points....would that be enough to keep us up?

Adam you have cheered me up looking at that. Would agree not excessively optimistic unless you remove all 8 points from “non Eddie time” in jan and Feb !!

You forecast 9 more draws - we have had 4 in 16 so far. So if at the same rate it will be 5 or 6 draws. We just need to ensure we win enough of the others. Easy ...!

Only 5 more wins ? -I reckon 9 more - add WHam (h) Brighton(a) Soton (a) and try this one Spurs (h) plus draw Man u (h) - got to be a couple of shocks in there somewhere! So thats 16 plus your 24 plus my extra 10 = 50 points. Its much more fun being slightly unrealistic and dreamstruck!

IMO 32 points to come from

ManU 0
Liverpool 3
ManC 0
West Ham 1
Everton 0
BHA 3
Arsenal 1
West Ham 1
Chelsea 0
Stoke 3
Huddersfield 3
Newcastle 3
Leicester 0
Spurs 1
WBA 3
Watford 1
Palace 1
Liverpool 1
ManU 1
Southampton 3
Swansea 3
Burnley 0

This is presuming that we don't get beyond next Wed in the EFL Cup, otherwise we will be playing more games than our rivals, and therefore more tired.

ManU 0 CORRECT 0
Liverpool 1 WRONG 0
ManC 0 CORRECT 0
West Ham 1 CORRECT 1
Everton 1 WRONG 3
BHA 1 CORRECT 1
Arsenal 0 WRONG 3
West Ham 0 WRONG 1
Chelsea 0 WRONG 3
Stoke 3 CORRECT 3
Huddersfield 1 WRONG 0
Newcastle 3 WRONG 1
Leicester 1 CORRECT 1
Spurs 0
WBA 3
Watford 1
Palace 3
Liverpool 0
ManU 0
Southampton 1
Swansea 3
Burnley 1

Ho hum, that's why I don't bet.....

6 right, 7 wrong....however, my forecast 12 points has turned into 17, so I'm VERY happy with that
:afcb:

I'd probably swap my Palace and Southampton predictions, having seen Palace yesterday, but if we can get another 13 points that would be a superb season, IMHO

for me it can go two ways - the worrier in me says if we fail to get much from the "easier" games west brom, watford & palace (which could happen) it will pile the pressure on the tricky games coming after. of course, if we can get the points early.... we can all relax and enjoy the end of the season. at the moment I feel 50/50 about it.

wellsworld - 6/3/2018 16:36

for me it can go two ways - the worrier in me says if we fail to get much from the "easier" games west brom, watford & palace (which could happen) it will pile the pressure on the tricky games coming after. of course, if we can get the points early.... we can all relax and enjoy the end of the season. at the moment I feel 50/50 about it.

Owner of the worry gene here as well. Get 5-7 points by the end of March and I will definitely relax and enjoy. West Brom is key, need a top performance and no hiccups. Wounded teams like them have nothing to lose - they will either go hard or capitulate. In the meantime, wonderful idea to take something from Spurs on Sunday.

Yep, I get the theory. But I could never bet against my own team, even though the hedging strategy if often suggested.

I’ve done it a lot... helps manage disappointment! Normally as well you lose your cash which makes you even happier.

My brother used to bet quite often on a 0-0 result, as he if he got the winnings back from a dull game, it paid for his ticket!

;