Sad

dj_silver

Fans' Favourite
I saw a hearse carrying a coffin in Dunyeats Road, Broadstone today going toward the Crematorium.

It was draped in a huge lovely AFCB flag.

Must have been a big fan.

Obviously not someone that I would know, but it strikes me as very heartwarming to go out under the team flag. A nice touch.

I think it was a guy who was fans champion one home game earlier in the season. Wheelchair bound guy without limbs, I cannot recall his name.

It was Kelvin M. Trevitt C.B.E. (aka Grumpy Git ), born without limbs he still managed to water ski, parachute, have a full career in social services, get married, receive a C.B.E for his campaigning work on disability issues, a citizen journalist, the list is almost endless.

The crematorium was packed, it began with the vicar saying " Well, Kelvin always was a cocky git, even he would have been surprised at this turn out." At the leaving do afterwards, he'd help compile a video of his life to Springsteen's Born to Run.

Although the word is sometimes over used, he was a genuinely inspiring person, he certainly had a positive influence on myself and the Good Lady, in the short time we knew him. Oh and he was above all, very funny. : )

Ooops M.B.E. not C.B.E

table - 9/3/2018 19:05

It was Kelvin M. Trevitt C.B.E. (aka Grumpy Git ), born without limbs he still managed to water ski, parachute, have a full career in social services, get married, receive a C.B.E for his campaigning work on disability issues, a citizen journalist, the list is almost endless.

The crematorium was packed, it began with the vicar saying " Well, Kelvin always was a cocky git, even he would have been surprised at this turn out." At the leaving do afterwards, he'd help compile a video of his life to Springsteen's Born to Run.

Although the word is sometimes over used, he was a genuinely inspiring person, he certainly had a positive influence on myself and the Good Lady, in the short time we knew him. Oh and he was above all, very funny. : )

That's pretty humbling table.

There are some remarkable people out there.

Thoughts are with all that knew him and knew of him. He sounds like the sort of person who lived life to the fullest and when faced with challenges as he had from day one, looked them in the face, gave them the middle finger and did something 99% of people wouldn't do to show them he was serious.

Inspirational. I hope he is remembered in some way by the club on Sunday. I'm sure he will be

RobTrent - 9/3/2018 20:00

They showed this video earlier today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY-lHLLx8XQ

A very good point, very well made. Quite clearly he didn't let his disability stop him. I hope when I open the programme on Sunday that there will be a fitting tribute

I think it was Huddersfield.

At the end of the service, as we all filed past the casket he had " Always look on the bright side of life" playing : )

What a privilege for Afcb to have had this iconic bloke as a fan. With all his achievements ticked off I wonder what he thought the Cherries could achieve! I think we can take the word ' legend' to another level with people like Kelvin setting the bar!

Very sad, I knew him only by sight like many of the other stalwarts that have sadly passed away in recent years.

Sounded like a great chap from the descriptions here. If any of us are spoken about half as fondly after we go we'll have done something right. RIP Kelvin

table - 9/3/2018 19:05

Ooops M.B.E. not C.B.E

Was that the Grumpy Git on here - he was asking about footie books on here only the other day?

The video from his leaving do is on Youtube, I can't do links but it's titled Kelvin Trevett 1955 2018.

We found out, from a nurse who works at Royal College Hospital, he had leukemia in 1999 and had 2 bone marrow transplants ( also had his spleen removed), he was given very little chance of survival. She said it was his sheer force of personality and bloody mindedness that got him through ( and, she was to modest to say, the excellent care he received ). She informed us his case history is used at medical conferences, she herself had become a friend of Kelvin and his wife, the only patient she had kept in touch with in her 20 years doing the job. : )

Sometimes you hear of people and wish you had the opportunity to meet them, if only the once. RIP fella

;