Shame for those going to Villa

That is a real blow. An absolute gem of a pub. the architecture, tiling, stained and etched glass etc. Grade 2 listed building. Beer wasn't bad either - Oakham ales. And if you asked the landlord he would often let you leave your car in the car park for free during the game.
There is sweet f.a. around the area otherwise. I will have to find a plan B, glad Lew spotted that and let us know.

https://pubheritage.camra.org.uk/pubs/167

Last edited:
It was the place to go on a Villa trip.
Very sad indeed, though I have to say RH it's not exactly new news. My Villa mate told me about this a month ago and that article is dated 1st Feb.
Another reason why I'm considering passing on my Villa ticket! :throw:

That's awful news. Both Birmingham and the Barton Arms going bust in the same year. I would demand a refund of my ticket - although it would help if I had actually paid for it yet.
So what is the preferred alternative - bearing in mind it's a Sunday?
There ain't a lot round there. Birmingham city centre for a beer if travelling by train then local train to Aston.

That's awful news. Both Birmingham and the Barton Arms going bust in the same year. I would demand a refund of my ticket - although it would help if I had actually paid for it yet.
So what is the preferred alternative - bearing in mind it's a Sunday?
I'm consulting a friend of mine who is a Villa fan and who I normally meet in the Bartons. We should be able to come up with a good alternative in time for the game!

;