Shaun Cooper returns...

RichGo

Star Player
as U13s and U14s coach.

Always thought he was a decent midfielder (sometime defender) for us. His career quickly faded once he left, though.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15785136.Shaun_Cooper___39_relieved__39__to_hang_up_his_boots_as_he_starts_new_chapter_with_Cherries

RichGo - 22/12/2017 11:26

as U13s and U14s coach.

Always thought he was a decent midfielder (sometime defender) for us. His career quickly faded once he left, though.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/15785136.Shaun_Cooper___39_relieved__39__to_hang_up_his_boots_as_he_starts_new_chapter_with_Cherries

Injuries took their toll unfortunately. Good player for us

billythekid - 22/12/2017 11:51

Eddie keeping all the 'old guard' together.

I suppose the question is whether that is a good thing or not? My view is at U13-14s level this is a good thing as Eddie will want continuity of approach.

AFCBade - 22/12/2017 12:17

billythekid - 22/12/2017 11:51

Eddie keeping all the 'old guard' together.

I suppose the question is whether that is a good thing or not? My view is at U13-14s level this is a good thing as Eddie will want continuity of approach.

Is think it's a good thing.

He kind of optimized the players we brought in. They had to be cheap so it was a case of buying good but injury prone and hope they get 30 games a season out of them. Or buying unknown with potential and hoping for the best.

Personally thought he was very over rated. Couldn't defend to save his life. I still have shudders thinking back to that semi final play off defeat at Huddersfield.

He was a good footballer who unfortunately didn’t have a natural position. Probably would’ve been best suited to a deep lying playmaker role infront of the back 4 but that wasn’t a thing back then. Or not in lower leagues anyway

Well, you are all wrong. I’m feeling misunderstood.

The right people to coach under 13s to get them to understand the importance of hard work, the history of the club and the desire of making the most of your career are eloquent ex skippers from our lower league days who understand the precious life of a footballer through losing their career to injury. Purches, Cooper...excellent appointments.

Don’t confuse this with the daftness of thinking the same people can land us a nugget right back from Espanol or a centre forward from Atalanta.

I see the heavy rumour is Elphick back as cover....that would be our recruitment policy normal form....wonder what Grabbs is up to too....

RobTrent - 22/12/2017 17:14

Think thats just a heavy rumour too far.

Is it though?

I think Tommy would be a good addition as cover,he is a real leader and might be an influence on the training pitch and in the dressing room,we certainly seem to lack real team spirit at the moment.

bigfatolly - 23/12/2017 20:12

RobTrent - 22/12/2017 17:14

Think thats just a heavy rumour too far.

Is it though?

I think Tommy would be a good addition as cover,he is a real leader and might be an influence on the training pitch and in the dressing room,we certainly seem to lack real team spirit at the moment.

Tommy such an important player for us on our rise to the top - could he come back ?
Agree about a lack of team spirit , we look bereft of that and have done for a while , second half v Chelsea notwithstanding!

;