spurs

• Thread starter Deleted member 754
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 754

1 goal away from extra time. still praying for injuries.

Got themselves into a great position and look to have blown it.....there could be just the slightest chance that this could flatten them.....they might need a couple of weeks to get over it....hopefully... :hihi:

Juve sure showed how to see the game out, and even then were just half an upright from it slipping away. Can't ever hope for injuries, but I do hope that they will be both physically and emotionally fatigued. And maybe EH and company will pick up a few tricks on how to punish their defense.

I'm not bothered about spurs one way or another but that game/tie really annoyed me. Sure Juve did the job they had to do but it was a victory for crappy negative Italian football.

Thought the Italians played great football in this match- always been the worlds best in my mind, in both defensive and attacking skills! However the MOM was Son of Spurs, hope they rest him on Sunday!

Spurs were brilliant for 75% of both matches, getting completely punished for 4 lapses in concentration.

Tough lesson for Spurs, but one that they/Pochettino will learn from and when they look back they should see how far they've come in the last 10 yearson. People will bang on about a trophy but surely it's better watching this team with no trophy than it was when they finished mid table every season with no trophy.

Going against the grain here but I don't rate Pochettino at all.
He didn't react to what was going on on the pitch in front of him and I think he has bought poorly at Spurs since he has been there.
They rely far too much on Harry Kane,and take him,Son and Eriksen out the team and they are very average.
Everyone seems to love Poch but he has won nothing,like everyone before him.

If you want to have a laugh, Olly, get over to the Vitals Tottenham site. Poch is getting hammered - e.g.

"We lost the game because we have a manager who often "sleeps standing up" during a game and he is tactically naïve."

Toronto John - 8/3/2018 21:51

If you want to have a laugh, Olly, get over to the Vitals Tottenham site. Poch is getting hammered - e.g.

"We lost the game because we have a manager who often "sleeps standing up" during a game and he is tactically naïve."

Exactly right though,he looked clueless stood on the touch line.

bigfatolly - 8/3/2018 21:38

He didn't react to what was going on on the pitch in front of him and I think he has bought poorly at Spurs since he has been there..

These bloody fans that use transfer policy as an excuse.... :grin:

bigfatolly - 8/3/2018 21:38

He didn't react to what was going on on the pitch in front of him and I think he has bought poorly at Spurs since he has been there.
They rely far too much on Harry Kane,and take him,Son and Eriksen out the team and they are very average.
Everyone seems to love Poch but he has won nothing,like everyone before him.

Rated by many as one of the best coaches in Europe, will probably end up in Spain before long. All about opinions and that but I think he's outstanding. Still learning at that level of European competition along with his team.
I have no love for Spurs at all but I would say they are far from average. Although I hope they are on Sunday!
I reckon they'll win the FA Cup this season.

If Newcastle beat Saints and Palace only get a point or less at Chelsea, that will add to the atmosphere v Spurs on Sunday as it could be the start of a gap opening up down there! Even better if some of the others lose too!

I don't 'pray for injuries' - I pray for our boys going out with sleeves rolled up, socks rolled down, not caring a beavers b#####ks what celebrity tossers are at the other end in OUR F##king Fortress and giving 90 minutes of ' If you can't hack it - don't wear the jacket ' attacking aggro! Just like the old Wimbledon warriors of old! Stick it up em so hard they beg for a fog induced abandonment at 5-0 down!

;