Stats Identify The Problem....... But What is The Solution?

Schmiegel

New Signing
I have attempted to look at the stats to try and get some clues as to what our problems are. Please let me know what you think.
  • To date, we have scored twice as many goals at home than we have done away; (30 vs 14) yet we have only conceded 1.5 times the number of goals when we are away compared to when we are at home. This suggests that our offence weakens far more than our defence when we are on the road. Why is that?

• The reason may come from our positioning. When we are at home 72% of our attack comes from up the middle of the pitch. Away, Only 64% does. Why does our attack from the center diminish when we play away?

• At home 61% of our shots come from inside the 18 yard box. Away, we do not get that close, as only 50% of our shots derive from inside the box.

• At home, we are much more aggressive as we foul much more….24 times at home but only 16 times when we played away….and mostly lost!

• My conclusion is that at home, we are more confident, we play much more aggressively and push deeper into the box before attempting to score. Away, we become too polite and fail to carry the ball as deep into the attack zone before attempting to score.

• Finally, our willingness to carry the ball up the middle of the pitch rewards us with far more goals than when we advance up the sides. Yet, for some reason when we are away our strength in the middle of the pitch ebbs away significantly, thus leaving the wings to do a less effective job in advancing the ball into the 18 yard box where we are most effective.

• Can anybody expand on why any of this may be the case? The source of the stats is: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019

The stats pretty much say the obvious .The majority of the time teams including us generally do better at home rather than away .

The fact that the percentage of chances at home are greater than away,and more down the middle are created at home than away,whilst leaving more chances to be created down the wings away from home,with more fouls being committed at home than away,with the seemingly more goals conceded away from home leads me to the conclusion that I've forgotten what the fecking point I was going to make

So why was Burnley's 4-4-2 so much more effective as ours.

A number of games I've seen away we've played five at the back and broke down the centre. Fulham was a prime example.

So why was Burnley's 4-4-2 so much more effective as ours.

A number of games I've seen away we've played five at the back and broke down the centre. Fulham was a prime example.
Burnleys 442 wasn't more effective than ours.....their players were.
I think Fulham was the only time we won playing 343 this season.

;