T-shirts

Redpost

First Team
I have to say I quite enjoy the relay around the pitch at half time but l hate seeing kids just shivering on the touch line before they start, in t-shirts with the rain coming down in sheets and a north wind. Do these kids have coats?

I was really surprised not one of them fell over. I bet the West Ham fan that did was bloody freezing the second half!

15 minutes in the cold isn't going to do them any damage. We used to be out for hours in the wet and cold back in the 80s. Snowflake society.

poole bill - 28/12/2017 19:27

15 minutes in the cold isn't going to do them any damage. We used to be out for hours in the wet and cold back in the 80s. Snowflake society.

Wet and cold?

When I was a lad I recall I'd spend days in sub zero temperatures surrounded by snow.

Sorry that's Polar bears isn't it?

poole bill - 28/12/2017 19:27

Here we go - the four Yorkshiremen have turned up

"When I were a lad we'd have to run around't pitch in nowt but a T-shirt and we wouldn't even be allowed to wear that if Ken Baily were organising it"

Luxury. We had to walk on our hands n knees carrying blocks of ice strapped to our backs whilst being hosed down by the local fire brigade and pay them tuppence f'the privilege :119:

You had easy. We had to shuffle around the pitch on stumps, our hands and feet already worn away from crawling back and forth cleaning the Brighton Beach End daily with a toothbrush, and all the while Ken Bailey was chasing after us offering a tracksuit before Tommy Heffernan repeatedly kicked our heads to break in his new boots. Kids these days don't know they're alive.

;