10 years ago today...

We were there that day, very friendly club, accessible platform was at the back of the stand, so we had a great view of "The Chicken's" 2nd, superb strike from one of the best goal scorers we've ever had : )

Random memories of the day,
The steward on the platform was a Telford fan and wanted us to win as much as we did. Reckoned a good goalie would have stopped Brett's 2nd, " Joe 'Art would've caught that under his arm" : )

It was pre-Riverside Rocket and Magic Minibus times, this was one of a few weekend breaks we had that season. We stayed in a Holiday Inn, post match we were in the bar ( those were the days ) and got talking to a couple of localish chaps. Turns out it was Marc Pugh's uncle and his mate, really good blokes, had loads of stories about young Marc and you could tell how proud they were of him and his "journey" through the leagues. They reckoned Marc's younger brother had more natural talent but didn't have Marc's self discipline and dedication : )
They were also very complementary about our fans, the numbers in the town, the noise you were making and how you lot "could hold your ale, for a bunch of Southerners" : )

Can't remember our League position or promotion chances exactly , just remember feeling " Wow! We're going to watch US in the Championship for a season, at least. Before Eddie goes and the dream goes with him, then it's back home to mid-table struggles in the 3rd Division. Better make the most of it" : )

Ps Things beyond wildest dreams,
from assuming one Championship season would be the pinnacle, I've just checked a scrap of paper with our attendances on it, turns out the West Ham match will be the Good Lady's 200th Premier League match. Thanks to the club, Disabled Transport for the Magic Minibus, Riverside Transport for the Rocket, and I know you're all to modest to accept it but thanks to all you Cherry fans, you make it all worthwhile : )

We were there that day, very friendly club, accessible platform was at the back of the stand, so we had a great view of "The Chicken's" 2nd, superb strike from one of the best goal scorers we've ever had : )

Random memories of the day,
The steward on the platform was a Telford fan and wanted us to win as much as we did. Reckoned a good goalie would have stopped Brett's 2nd, " Joe 'Art would've caught that under his arm" : )

It was pre-Riverside Rocket and Magic Minibus times, this was one of a few weekend breaks we had that season. We stayed in a Holiday Inn, post match we were in the bar ( those were the days ) and got talking to a couple of localish chaps. Turns out it was Marc Pugh's uncle and his mate, really good blokes, had loads of stories about young Marc and you could tell how proud they were of him and his "journey" through the leagues. They reckoned Marc's younger brother had more natural talent but didn't have Marc's self discipline and dedication : )
They were also very complementary about our fans, the numbers in the town, the noise you were making and how you lot "could hold your ale, for a bunch of Southerners" : )

Can't remember our League position or promotion chances exactly , just remember feeling " Wow! We're going to watch US in the Championship for a season, at least. Before Eddie goes and the dream goes with him, then it's back home to mid-table struggles in the 3rd Division. Better make the most of it" : )

Ps Things beyond wildest dreams,
from assuming one Championship season would be the pinnacle, I've just checked a scrap of paper with our attendances on it, turns out the West Ham match will be the Good Lady's 200th Premier League match. Thanks to the club, Disabled Transport for the Magic Minibus, Riverside Transport for the Rocket, and I know you're all to modest to accept it but thanks to all you Cherry fans, you make it all worthwhile : )

Amazing. I didn't know you then but I am glad that I do now.
I think it admirable that you have amassed so many PL matches.
People like you and The Good Lady make our story so much worth telling.

At that point in time, I didn't once even dream that we would ever get to the first division, let alone for six seasons.

Long may the Riverside Rocket continue. Hope to see you on Sat.

;