12-17th then

Yes completely agree but... three wins would get us to our highest points total and not only is that worth fighting for, it would give everyone a bit of a lift and offer some positivity to take into next season. Winning the last two games last season had a positive effect whilst only taking us from 38 to 44 points.

Winning one game in particular would really help too...

Good post .Only three wins away from our highest points total but this season seems so weirdly flat .Guess we’re all just getting way too used to being in the prem .
A lift before next season would be really nice .

Last edited:
Good post .Only three wins away from our highest points total but this season seems so weirdly flat .Guess we’re all just getting way too used to being in the prem .
I think our season has been so uneven. We started off on fire but those ten consecutive away defeats really put the brakes on what could have been a really memorable campaign.

There's still hope for a few more wins though.

This season has been better than last season though. We were dire pretty much all season and I think I’d seen a stat saying we’d have been relegated if PL matches ended after 88 mins.

I think frustrating is the word for this season. We’ve shown just how good we could be at this level. It’s unfair to solely blame injuries for our lack of consistency. I feel we are guilty of trying to just coast through certain parts of the season and it’s that attitude holding us back.

This season has been better than last season though. We were dire pretty much all season and I think I’d seen a stat saying we’d have been relegated if PL matches ended after 88 mins.

I think frustrating is the word for this season. We’ve shown just how good we could be at this level. It’s unfair to solely blame injuries for our lack of consistency. I feel we are guilty of trying to just coast through certain parts of the season and it’s that attitude holding us back.

I know the memory fades fast but I repeat, apart from Watford away, 45 mins against Leicester and 4-0 against Chelsea, have we really been that good ?

I know the memory fades fast but I repeat, apart from Watford away, 45 mins against Leicester and 4-0 against Chelsea, have we really been that good ?

Define good.

Were we any "good" in the 11 games we've won and 5 we've drawn?

Were we any "good" home to Man U and Arsenal, or away to Man C?

Isn't it a matter of balancing expectations with ambitions?

We trail West Ham by 6 points and Watford by 8. This years results against both of them show we are better but arguably with our injuries we've just lost that ability to keep momentum going.

"I’d seen a stat saying we’d have been relegated if PL matches ended after 88 mins"

Man city +1 New -2 Everton -2 New -1 Leic +2 WBA -2 Wat -1 Palace -1
Burnley -2
We finished the season on 44 pts.
-8 points would of put us on 36 pts, level with Stains.
Swansea went down in 18th with 33 pts.

Next season will be interesting. Norwich have experience of what is needed to survive in the PL and if it's west brom or villa they also know whats needed to stay up. Could be a lot more clubs involved in the relegation battle right up to the end.
Unfortunately, Norwich have become a German side with 8 German players in their squad and no doubt their German manager will import more next season.

None of the sides likely to come up will fare any better than usual. At least 1, maybe 2 will go straight back down. I can see Burnley and Brighton really struggling, Wolves bubble could burst.

None of the sides likely to come up will fare any better than usual. At least 1, maybe 2 will go straight back down. I can see Burnley and Brighton really struggling, Wolves bubble could burst.

Hopefully.

I never thought I'd want someone to get relegated more than Stains or Infrastructure Albion but Wolves have become my pet hate in just one season.

;