12-17th then

Yeah, it is getting away from us. Can we possibly turn it around over the next six games? WestHam, Everton and LCFC all have three of six against top 6 teams, where there is motivation as Champions League remains on the line. I keep telling myself we have 4 wins in us yet ..... but not sure I believe it.

If you'd told me at the start of the season the injuries we'd have this season, the particularly bad ref calls we've had against the top 6, I think this is where i'd expect us to be at this point of the season. Maybe another 3 points or so. The next 6 games will really show how well we have done this season overall.

Tonights scores I think makes our final position less than we like.
Yes completely agree but... three wins would get us to our highest points total and not only is that worth fighting for, it would give everyone a bit of a lift and offer some positivity to take into next season. Winning the last two games last season had a positive effect whilst only taking us from 38 to 44 points.

Winning one game in particular would really help too...

Yes completely agree but... three wins would get us to our highest points total and not only is that worth fighting for, it would give everyone a bit of a lift and offer some positivity to take into next season. Winning the last two games last season had a positive effect whilst only taking us from 38 to 44 points.

Winning one game in particular would really help too...
Agree, at this point of the table, particularly 9th - 16th, most seasons there isn't a lot to choose from between the teams. Was it our second or third season that if we'd had 6 points less we would have finished 17th?
If we beat our points total I'd call that a success.

Agree, at this point of the table, particularly 9th - 16th, most seasons there isn't a lot to choose from between the teams. Was it our second or third season that if we'd had 6 points less we would have finished 17th?
If we beat our points total I'd call that a success.

Unless you're going for top 4, there's only 3 positions to worry about. The rest all you can do is have a points target which surely has to be beat your best.

Feeling a bit gloomy about everything this morning so forgive a bit of pessimism please. Beating our points total will certainly be an achievement to be pleased about but ...
.....apart from Watford away, the first half at home to Leicester and the drubbing of Chelsea, has anyone gone away from a game this season thinking ‘blimey that was good’ ?

I wouldn't expect anything at Scummers, our players never turn up even when we're having a good season. Reckon we'll get 5 more points this season.
Beat Fulham, draw Burnley, draw at Palace or Brighton.

12th-17th I would take happily every season. Look at the teams around us.

Next season will be interesting. Norwich have experience of what is needed to survive in the PL and if it's west brom or villa they also know whats needed to stay up. Could be a lot more clubs involved in the relegation battle right up to the end.

Next season will be interesting. Norwich have experience of what is needed to survive in the PL and if it's west brom or villa they also know whats needed to stay up. Could be a lot more clubs involved in the relegation battle right up to the end.

While I get what you mean....we hear this every season...I don't fear any of those coming up...none are as good as Wolves for example. Think Leeds have some great youngsters, Sheffield Utd are kind of like this seasons Cardiff. People on here have worried about us for the following season since we came up. You could say that we would be one of a dozen or more clubs that *could* end up near the bottom or be quite happily mid-table.

As for this season....I think if we'd have been able to stay clear of injuries at the wrong times...and had a stable team like Wolves have had....we could easily be matching their placing. I believe the squad is good enough for that 7-10th place. The way it stands though, could be claimed to be a tad disappointing if we do end up around where we are now, with the talent we do still have.

Saturday is a big one for us, a game we should win but could easily not....depending on the way we turn up. I'd like to think we will beat them and Fulham at home and we should get a point or two from Brighton or Stains. But who knows with away games now!

Still fancy us to get a little higher. Tottenham are the only decent side we've got left and they could be already qualified for the champions league by the time we play. 3 of West Hams next 4 games are against the top 6.

While our away form since October has frankly been pathetic, if we do put in the sort of performances we know we are capable of, then we should beat Southampton and Brighton.

In the unlikely event the players drag themselves off the beach and do decide to turn up, that would give us 6 away wins for the season which I think most people would deem acceptable.

I’m sure I heard a player let slip the points target was 46. That means 8 points so with Spurs at home probably a defeat, it does mean they are going to have to perform in at least one more away game if they want their bonus.

While our away form since October has frankly been pathetic, if we do put in the sort of performances we know we are capable of, then we should beat Southampton and Brighton.

In the unlikely event the players drag themselves off the beach and do decide to turn up, that would give us 6 away wins for the season which I think most people would deem acceptable.

I’m sure I heard a player let slip the points target was 46. That means 8 points so with Spurs at home probably a defeat, it does mean they are going to have to perform in at least one more away game if they want their bonus.
Would love to finally put in a half decent performance up the road in a few weeks time, is that too much to ask?!

Could be whoever wins against Saints will finish above one another. Not holding my breathe though and no doubt we will play as a team that have never met eachother before

I think we might have to strengthen a few areas next season if we are to continue to improve. We are really missing a creative midfielder, that much was evident from the game at Leicester.

;