17 years ago tomorrow - Millennium magic!!

What a player Gareth O’Connor was. Was a great day, but the fact that a team including Wade Elliot, Gareth O’Connor, James Hayter, Warren Feeney, Warren Cummings and Carl Fletcher did not make the automatic spots that year was a travesty.

I am glad we didn’t, otherwise we would have missed a great day out for all the thousands of Cherries fans.

What a player Gareth O’Connor was. Was a great day, but the fact that a team including Wade Elliot, Gareth O’Connor, James Hayter, Warren Feeney, Warren Cummings and Carl Fletcher did not make the automatic spots that year was a travesty.

should have gone up the next season or at least made play offs too. On their day,best team in the league but too many poor off days

I though Gareth O’Connor was great but seemed to lose his way - pale shadow of his former self when he came back on loan

Very easy drive up with a friend and my son, everything seemed so well organised cheap and easy parking, had a stroll around Cardiff with lots of boisterous Cherries fans about, had a pre match lunch with some Lincoln fans sitting nearby who were all very friendly.
Fantastic stadium and brilliant atmosphere and what a game with some great goals. Loved that team and sometimes miss those days where my son and I could leave home just before 1pm get to the ground before 2pm and buy a ticket for the game

Very easy drive up with a friend and my son, everything seemed so well organised cheap and easy parking, had a stroll around Cardiff with lots of boisterous Cherries fans about, had a pre match lunch with some Lincoln fans sitting nearby who were all very friendly.
Fantastic stadium and brilliant atmosphere and what a game with some great goals. Loved that team and sometimes miss those days where my son and I could leave home just before 1pm get to the ground before 2pm and buy a ticket for the game
Those Lincoln fans may have been friendly before the game but they were anything but in the station afterwards.

should have gone up the next season or at least made play offs too. On their day,best team in the league but too many poor off days

I though Gareth O’Connor was great but seemed to lose his way - pale shadow of his former self when he came back on loan
As always the defence let us down, an abundance of attacking talent, but relying on the likes of Maher and Broadhurst meant that clean sheets were hard to come by. At the point we had integrated Stock into the team and had Spicer playing along side him, that team was something special for that level. Should have at least made the play offs before it was torn apart. O’Connor in his last season for us could have played at pl level, he would have if it wasn’t for the injuries I’m convinced. Such a classy player.

Wonderful to enjoy the game and that moment again. Steve Purchase's goal didn't get the credit it deserved on those pictures to see him charging up the pitch we just knew he was going to score. My second best team goal just behind Ted's

Wonderful day out,fantastic memories never to be forgotten.
I didn’t realise how well the “two Fletchers” played on that day.
Great journey back to Dorchester after that great result.

I don't remember much of the journey up other than being crammed into a mates car and there being a lot of Cherries on the way. The ground, atmosphere and occasion in general was superb. The strongest memory was coming out of the ground and calling the old man. He'd been to most home games that season but decided not to go for some reason, laughed about it long and hard with him - tinged with a little bit of sadness as he passed away before we reached the Championship and I could imagine a similar conversation!

We'd not booked anywhere to stay, none of us were that confident. Turned out to be a mistake! Hit the town hard afterwards. I remember being in a club and chatting to a young lady, decided if was best to not continue in the direction the chats were going when she confided she was 15! Ended up sleeping in my mates car, fell asleep in the front seat, woke up in the back. Felt like death for the rest of the day and absolutely loved it!

A fantastic game. I travelled up the day before with the ex wife. Some heavy traffic saw us get to our hotel about three miles from town centre.
A very expensive morning taking her shopping and I headed for the pubs looking for my mates. Had time for a few and into the ground. Was on my Todd but people just talk to each other at games like this.
The game and the goals were fab and I don't think it'll ever be out of my top five AFCB games. Eventually I spotted my mates only a few rows away and headed off for a few pints only to lose them when I stopped to talk to people I know. !!
So out with the wife and a meal.and a few beers. She had a drink problem and wanted to stop drinking....So limited beers!! She's never drank since!!!
Think the whole weekend cost 500 quid!! If I happened now I'd find my mates via mobiles and it be Travelodge and a lot of beer!! She always liked the pricey hotels!!

A fantastic game. I travelled up the day before with the ex wife. Some heavy traffic saw us get to our hotel about three miles from town centre.
A very expensive morning taking her shopping and I headed for the pubs looking for my mates. Had time for a few and into the ground. Was on my Todd but people just talk to each other at games like this.
The game and the goals were fab and I don't think it'll ever be out of my top five AFCB games. Eventually I spotted my mates only a few rows away and headed off for a few pints only to lose them when I stopped to talk to people I know. !!
So out with the wife and a meal.and a few beers. She had a drink problem and wanted to stop drinking....So limited beers!! She's never drank since!!!
Think the whole weekend cost 500 quid!! If I happened now I'd find my mates via mobiles and it be Travelodge and a lot of beer!! She always liked the pricey hotels!!
I know many blokes who cant even talk to their ex wife, let alone take them away to a footie match for the weekend

We drove from Norwich where we were temporarily exiled. It was long drag to get there, but the drive back went so quickly (wonder why).

We arrived very early and got a decent parking spot, but restricted ourselves to two city centre pints before the match outside a lovely old pub.

I recall the match at Sincil Bank in October when we won 2-1 and Alan, Alan Connell, Alan scored a wonder goal. There were just 355 of us that day in a crowd of 3,273. Some of the chavvy Lincoln children were annoying after we left the ground.

In Cardiff, the attendance was almost exactly 10 times greater and we outnumbered the Lincoln lot by more than two to one, possibly by a factor of three. Some of the chavvy Lincoln children were annoying after we left the ground.

My memories of the match are us exploiting the wide open spaces, Lincoln more relying on hoofball and five wonderful goals. A huge contrast to how the season started in August at Boston United.

Watching the game back yesterday I couldn’t believe how many bad fouls were committed by Lincoln! The lad at the back should have been sent off for two yellows but didn’t even get one! To their credit I felt they were in the game closer than the 5-2 score line suggests, but we had 1/2 pieces of individual/team brilliance. I remember watching Purches’s run from the edge of our box to score, a fantastic goal! Can’t believe it was 17 years ago!

;