17 Years Today...

It was a rearranged match if I remember, and I had tickets for a once in a lifetime gig in London which I had purchased many months previously so made the choice to go to the gig.

In those days you could buy early editions of the morning papers at Waterloo so I knew the score but nothing else.

The gig was worth it though.

Miss those days, especially with all that going on both on and off the pitch.....

didn't his mum and dad miss the goals as they went early to catch a ferry to the IOW...................:ooops:

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff. That is what I call a proper football match. So fast and exciting to watch, everybody giving it 100%. Made me realise how laboured and boring our play has become in recent years. Newer is definitely NOT always better !

That hat-trick could have been at least 30 seconds quicker if they'd not just ambled back to the centre circle after every goal too - lazy feckers ;)

:utc:

Seems just like yesterday.
Scored a hat trick against 10 men after he had just become a father. He came on as a substitute for Fletch who told him as he came off, where the big holes were in the Wrexham defence.

Fantastic stuff. That is what I call a proper football match. So fast and exciting to watch, everybody giving it 100%. Made me realise how laboured and boring our play has become in recent years. Newer is definitely NOT always better !

That hat-trick could have been at least 30 seconds quicker if they'd not just ambled back to the centre circle after every goal too - lazy feckers ;)

:utc:

By some rudimentary maths I make the total time the ball was in play for ,was one minute 20 seconds...ish

;