1910 bar refurb

The 1910 bar is being refurbished in conjunction with Heineken. Dont they own Beavertown now so maybe a pint of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray could appear. Might tempt me back.

Trouble is you need to be there for just after breakfast to actually get in...

Fair play for the refurb (if it's any good that is), as it absolutely needs it, to get away form the fact you're at an evening do for a wedding. Needs some character in there... Would be good if they actually sent some money and made it look like a pub...

As mentioned above, I wonder if as part of the refurb, it is possible to increase capacity?
A few years back they weren't so fussed about the crowd in there and I'm sure they let about double the number in. Now you really have to arrive at 1 (for a 3pm) to get in.

The 1910 bar is being refurbished in conjunction with Heineken. Dont they own Beavertown now so maybe a pint of Neck Oil or Gamma Ray could appear. Might tempt me back.

Neck Oil or Gamma Ray would certainly be a massive improvement.

Dual identity? sometimes a Pundit and sometimes an Ostrich! Guess you'd need quite a lot of Neck Oil if arriving as the "famous" North Stand Ostrich!

I started going in there pre-match after the Portman closed and it's sort of ok. The queues at the bar are certainly better as the service seems quicker, however, I haven't taken much notice of the room underneath that was a bar before becoming a players lounge or something like that. What's that room uses for now? Couldn't that be opened up again ??

I started going in there pre-match after the Portman closed and it's sort of ok. The queues at the bar are certainly better as the service seems quicker, however, I haven't taken much notice of the room underneath that was a bar before becoming a players lounge or something like that. What's that room uses for now? Couldn't that be opened up again ??
Believe it's a room setup for the media, TV radio and football writer types to hang out, and eat their way through the prawn sandwich supplies.

There are, it takes up quite a few pages in the Prem League handbook. Which is normally available around November time for public download from the FA website, but last seasons is probably still up there if you're interested

There are, it takes up quite a few pages in the Prem League handbook. Which is normally available around November time for public download from the FA website, but last seasons is probably still up there if you're interested

Nope, thanks, I'd rather not know how much space must be allocated for Oliver Holt's ego to attend games or what the 'Willo Portion' of half-time pies is numbered at.

;