1986-87

CherryBare

UTC Legend
Seeing this from 86-87 season, the year Harry took us up to 2nd tier.
Puckett - 16 goals, but injured at around Xmas I think
Richards - 14 goals did he arrive once Puckett was injured
Aylott - 12 goals, bit of a fletch type

Also noticed Morgan for Bristol City, a certain Trevor morgan, noticed on wiki he's coaching Australian u20s still. And what a career 172 goals!

And Clive Allen 49 goals in a season, eat your heart out haaland. Don't remember him being that prolific

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1695928865509.jpg
    FB_IMG_1695928865509.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 25

Also noticed Morgan for Bristol City, a certain Trevor morgan, noticed on wiki he's coaching Australian u20s still. And what a career 172 goals!

And Clive Allen 49 goals in a season, eat your heart out haaland. Don't remember him being that prolific
Andy Jones there too.

Now there's a name Mr Trent. I will excuse him for having a Welsh name, I liked him. Proper old school striker.
He was actually quite good. I seemed to remember him scoring against us quite often, and thinking we could do with a striker like that.

Carl Richards was there from the start of the season. He was lively but not as prolific as Puckett. When Puckett got injured he played more centrally and we eventually signed Tony Sealey on loan to replace Puckett but he was only really used as a sub because the team were in such a groove. Funny how people didn’t get injured as much then.

Couple of other Bournemouth notables scattered around. I see

Blissett (Watford not Brentford)
Clarke
Lawrence

Edit: Missed one - Jimmy Quinn

Are there anymore?

Aylott - bit of a Fletch type.;)
Aylott would not be happy with that at all, class above dear old Fletch. Always remember the standing ovation the Barnsley fans gave him when he was subbed at their ground. He was a legend there 26 goals in 96 games for them mostly in the old Div 2. Most of his career was at league 2 level but he did play in Div 1 and score for Chelsea when he was a youngster.

Aylott - bit of a Fletch type.;)
Aylott would not be happy with that at all, class above dear old Fletch. Always remember the standing ovation the Barnsley fans gave him when he was subbed at their ground. He was a legend there 26 goals in 96 games for them mostly in the old Div 2. Most of his career was at league 2 level but he did play in Div 1 and score for Chelsea when he was a youngster.
Trev was my favourite player in that champions team - a headband later completed his iconic status for me

;