28th in the world...

So we are competing well with Manchester United whose wage bill is over 3.6 times ours and whose turnover is over 4 times ours. This is an astonishing achievement by anyone's standards.

Reactions: drd
I just wish stuff like this wasn't true:

"accounts state the holding company is Fortina Enterprises Limited, registered in the British Virgin Islands tax haven."

Feels a long way from the family club of old.

Remarkably high in the pay for a Director in relation to the other clubs.

Didn't he do well.

No further loans have been needed from the owners, the Russian petrochemicals magnate Maxim Demin, who funded Bournemouth’s promotion, or the US investors Matthew Hulsizer and his wife, Jenny Just.

I hope the highest paid director is Jeff after his efforts back in 2008/09 keeping this club afloat with his own hard-earned cash. If it is, he deserves every penny

All big talk about big money....no big, or even small talk, about new bigger stadium or signings of big defenders!

Last edited:
No further loans have been needed from the owners, the Russian petrochemicals magnate Maxim Demin, who funded Bournemouth’s promotion, or the US investors Matthew Hulsizer and his wife, Jenny Just.
Reading the article about Villa, the above suggests that afcb are being sensible in running on PL money alone (if true).

I do get a tad nervous when I am trying to consider our finances and just who is in charge of the 'kitty' of PL moolah!

but then I guess I am a child of the AFCB past history of people exploiting our club for their own nefarious ways!

As for the future well....a new stadium and the sky could be the limit for us!!

"accounts state the holding company is Fortina Enterprises Limited, registered in the British Virgin Islands tax haven."

ah the good old days, without a pot to pee in, routinely in and out of administration, a ground without any maintenance or improvements in half a century, and occasionly reaching the giddy heights of the top half of Division 1. Those were the days ......................

All big talk about big money....no big, or even small talk, about new bigger stadium or signings of big defenders!

Because that piece is based on nothing, except Deloitte rich list. Funny thing was I only tweeted a link to it a couple of days ago in response to Wolves fans telling me how big they were. Story is really apropos of nothing as that last was published a while back. Just the Palace and Villa situations have put football finance in people's minds so rehashing some old info like this will get you hits which is all the online papers care about

Then you're in luck, as I can find no evidence to back this claim up. Fortina Enterprises Limited as listed on Companies House have no connection to any current director nor any link to either Wintel Petrochem (Maxim Demin's firm) nor Peak 6

The only link I can find are two lazily written news pieces that don't cite a source. In fact Fortina is registered in Londonderry. I suppose there's a chance that the company Maxim used to buy Fortuna Dusseldorf was registered in the Virgin Islands, and that the original poorly researched piece had a typo in it

But I don't really know, you could always ask the author of the guardian piece to cite his sources, but he hasn't got any. No journalistic integrity you see, not in the gave of a dead line, just write what you want about a tinpot club, no one will care

edit: Curious that, just did some digging and the company exist in the accounts but not on Companies House, so ignore the above, I'm an idiot, but at least I did my own research to find out I'm an idiot

Last edited:

;