3/30

Simple - we like teams that try to play football against us and players step up when playing better footballing teams. A bit like the prem at times last season eg no goals inn4 games against the other two relegated sides.

that’s why we have beaten top sides like Norwich, Bristol (at the time), Watford and Swansea at home without conceding a goal and gave reading a decent hiding at DC winning the second half 4-0.

think it means we are a bigger threat in play offs than some might think - trouble is we have to beat supposedly inferior teams to get there!!

Simple - we like teams that try to play football against us and players step up when playing better footballing teams. A bit like the prem at times last season eg no goals inn4 games against the other two relegated sides.

that’s why we have beaten top sides like Norwich, Bristol (at the time), Watford and Swansea at home without conceding a goal and gave reading a decent hiding at DC winning the second half 4-0.

think it means we are a bigger threat in play offs than some might think - trouble is we have to beat supposedly inferior teams to get there!!
I agree. A clear pattern has emerged. We look so much better against teams who fancy their chances against us. We end up with more of a PL style game which still seems to suit these players better ( IMO we still haven't adopted the correct attitude for 90% of Championship opponents, which IMO is what is costing us ).
As others have pointed out, if we can make the playoffs the other team will have to have a go at us and I think we'd have a decent chance of prevailing against anybody in that sort of game.

BUT I also sensed a better attitude throughout the side for 90 minutes today. That wasn't down to the opposition. Tonight we had a much better attitude than I've seen for a while and most importantly managed to sustain it for the full 90 minutes. So whilst tonight's opposition certainly suited us, I still feel that we improved our approach and performance levels to a point where they should have been all season.

Tonight it looked as though the players finally realised that we are running out of games to be in with a shout of promotion. That gives me hope that we might be able to sustain these performance levels until the end of the season.

We struggle against the teams that are happy to do the dirty stuff as can’t play there way up pitch

[QUOTE="thegazzyb, post: 487041, member: 3885"
Tonight it looked as though the players finally realised that we are running out of games to be in with a shout of promotion. That gives me hope that we might be able to sustain these performance levels until the end of the season.[/QUOTE]
Or were they just playing for a place in the fa cup quarter final game

I thought that this was true a while ago but teams like Brentford...Reading.....Barnsley.....QPR.....
Luton came to play against us and won......I actually think Swansea were more negative than any of them.

Or were they just playing for a place in the fa cup quarter final game
Or playing well because they knew they were on the telly and in the shop window ? That occurred to me late last night. But that is just the skeptic in me. I'm hopeful that the message has finally got through that games are running out. If they want another shot at the PL there are no more "free hits", just nine more cup finals !

;