36 years on.

Colin Clark, one of my all time favourites even though he was only here permanently for the 1 season. Great all round striker, did a great job when he came back on loan as well.
It was always great to give the Bristol boys a stuffing. Back then we rarely played City and we viewed it as a big game when we did.

I remember this game so vividly.
3=0 up in 9 minutes.
Colin Clarke's home debut and a hat trick.

We gave both Bristol clubs a right mauling this season.

I recall winning at Ashton Gate just before Xmas and we also beat Rovers both home and away.

The crowd at Rovers was pitifully low as it was when we stuffed them 3-0 on Boxing Day at the Azteca Twerton the following season.

Remember that game. Took my then girlfriend to her first football match and she was bored. Relationship didn't last long after that..
Not surprised.

Game all over within a few frantic minutes ? No wonder the poor young lady was bored and disappointed with her afternoon's entertainment.

Colin Clark, one of my all time favourites even though he was only here permanently for the 1 season. Great all round striker, did a great job when he came back on loan as well.
It was always great to give the Bristol boys a stuffing. Back then we rarely played City and we viewed it as a big game when we did.
Saw every league game that season. He could score for fun.

I remember this game so vividly.
3=0 up in 9 minutes.
Colin Clarke's home debut and a hat trick.

We gave both Bristol clubs a right mauling this season.
In that Div 1 list there are quite a few scores we're never likely to see repeated......

And I think he was still our player when he scored for NI in the world cup?
I was at Mexico 86 and saw him play against Brazil. Didn't score in that one though. He was still an AFCB player then and I was gutted when I got home and saw he had been sold to that lot down the road.:(

I was at Mexico 86 and saw him play against Brazil. Didn't score in that one though. He was still an AFCB player then and I was gutted when I got home and saw he had been sold to that lot down the road.:(
Still vividly recall coming back from a 0-0 draw at Brentford the first game of the following season and hearing he’d scored a hat trick . Gutted.

That season we stuffed rovers and city at home but one of the games was really close with similar number of chances for each team but we were clinical. Away fans would look at the score and wouldn’t believe that was the case!

At the away game at city someone pointed a sawn off shotgun at me which is still a vivid memory!

;