37th best manager in the world

is our Edward, according to FourFourTwo.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world-2016-40-36

I only skim-read it, but didn't spot Paul Groves on the list anywhere.

Should be higher I seriously theres 37 other managers out there who could have taken this club from -17 in L2 to the prem in the time he did.

He didn't take it from -17 did he, it was possibly in a worse position when he took over though in terms of remaining games, points already gained etc

He took over after 23 games when we were on 7 points, 7 behind Grimsby and 16 behind Chester who ultimately went down.

Second half of the season, EH's team took 39 points (1.7 per game), Grimsby 27 (1.17 per game), Chester 14 (0.61 per game).

I honestly don't remember Chester slipping up that much, was more focused on us I guess!

Points per game, based on others full season and EH's half season, is the 3rd best with Brentford and Exeter bettering it. Not bad considering he only had about 13 players!

Ken Baileys Ghost - 30/7/2016 11:00

He wasn't even the 37th best manager while he was at DC, even Neil Dawson was ahead of him.

I haven't seen the list - presumably Neil is in the top five? :hihi:

Silent AFCB - 30/7/2016 09:57

He took over after 23 games when we were on 7 points, 7 behind Grimsby and 16 behind Chester who ultimately went down.

Second half of the season, EH's team took 39 points (1.7 per game), Grimsby 27 (1.17 per game), Chester 14 (0.61 per game).

I honestly don't remember Chester slipping up that much, was more focused on us I guess!

Points per game, based on others full season and EH's half season, is the 3rd best with Brentford and Exeter bettering it. Not bad considering he only had about 13 players!

Ah good to know thanks Silent.

;