52 years ago today

But even if you're going to make a wife up would you make one up that doesn't know what a football goal is? There isn't a fully-grown woman in the country who doesn't know what a football goal is.

You've not met Mrs Ghost.

Watching the cricket yesterday after years of me listening/watching cricket, she asked about Australia running out of time as they seemed to be scoring slowly, just getting singles.

Time?

'Well there must be a time when they have to stop?'

I then had to explain limited overs cricket.

Honest to God, she has no awareness of sport whatsoever, a bit different when it comes to the arts though.

I was at the Margate game, the only thing I really recall is just how unsurprised I was that we scored so many.
Weird looking back, but who were Margate?

Non league part timers, of course Ted would score 9.

Last edited:
You've not met Mrs Ghost.

Watching the cricket yesterday after years of me listening/watching cricket, she asked about Australia running out of time as they seemed to be scoring slowly, just getting singles.

Time?

'Well there must be a time when they have to stop?'

I then had to explain limited overs cricket.

Honest to God, she has no awareness of sport whatsoever, a bit different when it comes to the arts though.

I was at the Margate game, the only thing I really recall is just how unsurprised I was that we scored so many.
Weird looking back, but who were Margate?

Non league part timers, of course Ted would score 9.
TBH thought the same when Ted returned in late 70s and played Hitchin Town second game. He failed to score!

Yes I waz there.

Not waz (too young obviously)

They nearly scored with their first attack, before we attacked, and scored.

;