8 million bid for Charlie Taylor

The Alchemist - 29/8/2016 12:39

yesyescherry - 29/8/2016 12:07

it's right back we're short ffs

Smith, Francis and Wilson can all play there - don't think we are really short anywhere at the back now.

they might be able to play there but we'll have limited pace or attacking threat from either of them if smith gets injured, francis should be left at cb - surprised we haven't signed a young quick rb to properly compete with smith for his place

abts - 29/8/2016 13:18

He can play left midfield as well, apparently. For those of us who'd like to see Adam Smith at right midfield if we're going to continue playing two up front then this could be a logical alternative to that.

Or 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Daniels is nearing 30 so if by chance, we have interest in him, now is the time to make some money on him.

Taylor is certainly an upgrade on Wiggins and maybe Smith (jury is out on that one). Many Leeds fans were more concerned with losing Taylor than Lewis Cook and rate him similarly.

It seems a strange one on paper, although further annoying the Leeds fans would be nice!

Perhaps Eddie has seen how the full backs are not getting enough cover and so if Taylor can play left midfield [ as can Brad Smith ], it could be an option to have two players down that side that can attack and defend. Although that would mean we wouldn't then have a similar arrangement down the right, unless perhaps Marc Wilson or Franno goes right back and Adam Smith goes to right midfield. Not for every game but would be an option for us.

Daniels doesn't look the same player this season thus far, hopefully he can recover that form but I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his place sooner or later if he doesn't.

northstandmark - 29/8/2016 14:25

Daniels doesn't look the same player this season thus far, hopefully he can recover that form but I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose his place sooner or later if he doesn't.

Thought Charlie's form dipped from late March time last season rather than just this season, just as England rumours were gaining strength. Doesn't seem to be attacking as much either although this maybe for tactical reasons. Would be a good signing for Newcastle!

AFCBade - 29/8/2016 14:39

northstandmark - 29/8/2016 14:25

Thought Charlie's form dipped from late March time last season rather than just this season, just as England rumours were gaining strength. Doesn't seem to be attacking as much either although this maybe for tactical reasons. Would be a good signing for Newcastle!

Charlie's loss of form is similar to that of Ritchie's last season ......

'If' this rumour is true, it must mean Daniels is leaving (Which tbh I'm not overly bothered by going by his age and form over the last 6 months). Either that or Howe is falling out of love with his new signings (Smith) even quicker than last season.

Or he wants to use Charlie Taylor as a left wing option and sees Ibe playing more centrally in a number 10 role which he did really well in the first half on Saturday?

Daniels with Taylor in front of him would be interesting

Assuming of course the Taylor rumours aren't nonsense!!!

Either way, Taylor is an outstanding prospect who can play in a number of positions, so as talented and versatile left footed signings go, it's an upgrade on both Callum Hart and Christer Warren....

Ooh....the one time you actually do have an alternative view that is a) alternative and b) made me change my mind about a situation and you forget to brand it Brent ;)

Brents Goulet - 29/8/2016 15:15

Or he wants to use Charlie Taylor as a left wing option and sees Ibe playing more centrally in a number 10 role which he did really well in the first half on Saturday?

Either way, Taylor is an outstanding prospect who can play in a number of positions, so as talented and versatile left footed signings go, it's an upgrade on both Callum Hart and Christer Warren....

I must have watched a different game. For me, Ibe didn't excel at all

ronnie bolton - 29/8/2016 16:26

Brents Goulet - 29/8/2016 15:15

I must have watched a different game. For me, Ibe didn't excel at all

I thought Ibe looked good in the first albeit faded in second half, like many of the side. Some quality touches. I am encouraged by ibe although he needs to avoid slowing the tempo of attacks so much.

Bread AND garlic - an interesting notion and mouth watering concept Al - no wonder the French are renowned for their culinary expertise.

Bread AND garlic - an interesting notion and mouth watering concept Al - no wonder the French are renowned for their culinary expertise.

I knew about Lewis Cook for a year or two before we signed him, but I must say I know nothing about this lad. Can RH or anyone else enlighten me please, any good?

;