91.5m v 2.5m

What a thread to not have been following.

Never nice to read anyone wanting to step away, especially such a long term poster who has contributed so much.

Would love to make a post and try and persuade him otherwise, but I doubt I could persuade him. He knows how much his reports and debates have been appreciated over the years and despite the banter, I’m content he knows the true lay of the land.

It would be good to move away from playing the poster rather than the post and that goes for one word insults or indeed grouping people with fancy tag lines. Both antagonise people and as red_house has said this is something that has boiled over from discussions for months if not years rather than the one bout of unnecessary name calling on this thread.
With respect, what's the value of calling yourself 'Moderator' if that is your view.

Lament the loss of a valued member of the community if you like but I do hope you reach out personally to check-in after such a public exit(without the need to say here).

For those that know Neil offline, or anyone that leaves an online community they were a part of, be sure to reach out. You would be surprised what a void can be left, especially in a socially distanced world where you can't go to the football ground and don't feel you can be part of it any longer.

With respect, what's the value of calling yourself 'Moderator' if that is your view.

My view of respecting someone’s decision?

To contribute as Neil has done in regards to match reports etc, you’ve got to enjoy it, to write in the way Neil does to generate discussion, you’ve got to be interested in participating. If Neil wants to take a step back for a bit that’s completely up to him.

Give over. I've never insulted the guy yet he's seen fit to label me with all sorts simply for having the temerity to disagree with him on the odd occasion. Water off a ducks back.

This isn't a popularity contest.
it's not real life, it's a message board
if you can't differentiate then perhaps it's not for you
and yes, I am serious
Lizards,not real life,David Icke,Fek me I've stumbled on an episode of the Twilight Zone

As regards Neil...95% of his output seems to me at least..on the mark or very close..on the aspects of the game..you won't get any closer. 100% is impossible due to the unpredictable nature of a game of football..so many variables...and opinion just as variable.
When he's done his reports.. you just take from it what you want or need...you can always do your own and leave it there..maybe compare.. but its no good getting over serious or insulting about it.

If the blokes bothered to put a report together....it serves as a reference...and to those that, like me, haven't played the game for 40+ years...or don't understand much about todays tactics/formations...its a good service.

There appears to have been a proliferation of snowflakes on this forum in recent times, coinciding in part with some of the JCL's that jumped on the PL bandwagon while others seemingly don't get that this is a forum and therefore replicates the views, opinions and general badinage that you would hear down the pub or in the ground.

Reality is this forum (and RednBlack before it) has been the same for years and in comparison with many others is actually fairly innocuous, almost all it is just banter which can sometimes go a bit over the top. For those of you who have such a gentle disposition just go visit and post, for example, on the Millwall forum for a bit of reality and a wake-up call.

When Vital and RnB were both going at the same time, my comparison at the time was between the lounge bar and the public bar.

We had a lot more people posting from other clubs, we had what they called away days where a number swamped our board.

But it was all good banter with one or two ‘characters’ from other clubs who were on a ‘wind up’.

At times it was refreshing, our own forum can get a bit insular at times.

There are different of opinions on politics, the pandemic and football etc.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can express it on here and other places, doesn’t mean we agree or disagree with it, but it is a freedom we have which some others in the world don’t

it's not real life, it's a message board
if you can't differentiate then perhaps it's not for you
and yes, I am serious

You really are serious.

I know over the years I've claimed that this message board isn't real and none of you actually exist; other than to keep the voices in my head company, but really?

You think that things posted on here have no effect out in your 'real' world?

Wow.

edited to add.

This does not make me a snowflake, I think it makes me a human being.

I've nothing against hurling abuse, I just never forget it has consequences.

Some of my happiest days have been spent on Millwall Vitals; they take verbal abuse to a whole new level. :grinning:

Last edited:
You really are serious.

I know over the years I've claimed that this message board isn't real and none of you actually exist; other than to keep the voices in my head company, but really?

You think that things posted on here have no effect out in your 'real' world?

Wow.

edited to add.

This does not make me a snowflake, I think it makes me a human being.

I've nothing against hurling abuse, I just never forget it has consequences.

Some of my happiest days have been spent on Millwall Vitals; they take verbal abuse to a whole new level. :grinning:
I agree it can effect you without doubt,I mean some people are more sensitive than others

I can't believe you said that!
Why I'm proof of it.I am not sensitive but there is a line,and if someone mouths me off and accuses me of something i am not,then I expect them to say it to my face.Hence me arranging to meet someone.But if someone takes things to heart and is not that way inclined then it can effect them,hence Neil leaving.We are not all hard faced mate

Why I'm proof of it.I am not sensitive but there is a line,and if someone mouths me off and accuses me of something i am not,then I expect them to say it to my face.Hence me arranging to meet someone.But if someone takes things to heart and is not that way inclined then it can effect them,hence Neil leaving.We are not all hard faced mate
And how is Neil this morning Mrs Dawson?.....give him my best wishes.

I know we have never disagreed on here and you need to argue with me for a full house,but it isn't happening as im in laid back mode watching sport :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::whist::whist::whist::whist::whist::whist::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

I wasn't even trying to provoke an argument this time, just a crap attempt at irony. It probably needed a winky face. One thing we've definitely got in common is a dodgy sense of humour. :ROFLMAO:

;