A conundrum

Edward had five central midfielders.

Two of them are on the pitch, three of them are sat down.

A little later, two stand up and the two who were on the pitch sit down.

Where is Dominic Solanke playing?

Edward had five central midfielders.

Two of them are on the pitch, three of them are sat down.

A little later, two stand up and the two who were on the pitch sit down.

Where is Dominic Solanke playing?
We finished the game playing 3 5 2....with Solanke playing in midfield .

...formations?...selections?....trouble is we can’t do the basics and pass to each other or get hardly any shots on goal...no matter who is being picked, without Callum on form and King out we are an impotent force!

I'm not quite sure where Dominic actually plays. I've seen him helping out the defence and lolloping around the midfield. Occasionally he runs around up front a bit. Normally he's chasing the ball after he's tried to control it. I feel for the lad, signed to score goals, £20m price tag , and he's lived up to nothing. His confidence is shot, he surely can't be happy either with himself or at AFCB . He's almost become a comedy act. Unfortunately he's not the 'one'. Another Ibe. Another Rantie. His tenure here will be remembered as a joke. I hope , sincerely, he can turn it round but let's face it , if he was going to he would have done it by now. That said I do feel for him having to play up front with Callum who is offering the square root of **************** all at the moment. He'll be watching the Euros from his sofa like the rest of us the way he's played these last few months.

I'm not quite sure where Dominic actually plays. I've seen him helping out the defence and lolloping around the midfield. Occasionally he runs around up front a bit. Normally he's chasing the ball after he's tried to control it. I feel for the lad, signed to score goals, £20m price tag , and he's lived up to nothing. His confidence is shot, he surely can't be happy either with himself or at AFCB . He's almost become a comedy act. Unfortunately he's not the 'one'. Another Ibe. Another Rantie. His tenure here will be remembered as a joke. I hope , sincerely, he can turn it round but let's face it , if he was going to he would have done it by now. That said I do feel for him having to play up front with Callum who is offering the square root of **** all at the moment. He'll be watching the Euros from his sofa like the rest of us the way he's played these last few months.
Agree CW doesnt want to run the channels and if he does then no MF gets forward to fill the box We need to turn defences and get behind them

Agree CW doesnt want to run the channels and if he does then no MF gets forward to fill the box We need to turn defences and get behind them
This ! I know there is a lot of criticism of our midfield setup but it also has to be said that our forward players are very static. They don't offer the wing players or midfielders too many options to get the ball to them. There is a real lack of runs in behind so in a way I can understand why we don't pass the ball into them when we have it. We really are very static up front, no energy, no runs into space, just standing around hoping for the ball to come. Callum is no longer looking to get in behind defenders, other than when we play the ball long and then he usually manages to end up offside ( starting the run a tad too early because he has realised that his pace is waning ? ). Watching the game yesterday, every attack by Watford looked like it could be dangerous. Every attack by AFCB was just inevitably going to grind to a halt in the final third. And we've been like this for ages now. Yesterday I felt we really missed King. He is much more crafty and willing to run around a bit to receive the ball in the final third.
So with a defence prone to suicidal passing, a midfield which is isolated front to back and forwards who are happy to hang around waiting for the ball to arrive, I'd say there is plenty for Eddie and his team to work on. Worrying times now I'm afraid to say.

;