A338 Saturday

None of the above posts make me any the wiser - driving from London around lunchtime on Saturday 20th - will the road be complelely open, partially open or closed. No delays, slight delays or big delays?

None of the above posts make me any the wiser - driving from London around lunchtime on Saturday 20th - will the road be complelely open, partially open or closed. No delays, slight delays or big delays?

Took me 45 minutes coming back after the Watford game and that was 7.15pm! Then there was approx 10 miles of two lanes down from Ringwood but nothing to say a lane was closed and then the roadworks and lane closure sign only appeared 800 yards before the closure.

The traffic would have made more progress if one lane had been closed from just this side of Ashley Heath roundabout.

My advice is give it a miss. Come through the forest or all the way down to Ferndown.

Coming through the Forest or turning off at Ringwood and going the Sopley, Winkton, Burton route might be quicker but don't expect it to be quick. We leave home 2 hours before ko and join Stoney Lane at Martins Hill ( Burton), last home match it took us 20mins to get to Iford roundabout ( usually 10 max). Hope that helps : )

As far as I can tell there's no industrial action planned for this Saturday on SWR so take the train from London!

I would suggest going through Ferndown to Parley then Northbourne then Wimborne road and back roads to Queens Park and park up an walk. Afterwards you can get straight out onto the Spur Road at Queens Park and head north. Whichever route just give yourself extra time. I would certainly avoid the A338 - If there is an accident or breakdown in the conned off single lane part you are stuffed, can't turn round or exit.

Grateful to be coming from Blandford at the moment, took around 40 minutes to do the 20 miles, probably taking upto that and more for those of you that live much closer to the ground. Seems never ending with another 9 months planned upon completion of this project.

;