Aaron Ramsdale

At this point Rambo, as much as I love him and voted for him as Player of the Year, has made his opinion known. He wants to stay in the PL. That's fine, but if Villa were to come in with some extra dosh, I don't think we owe him any allegiance even if he prefers Sheffield. An extra million could pay wages of a very nice loan or buy a young player to add to the squad.

My eyes tell me differently, sadly I can't read that article as it's behind a firewall. I'm guessing it's based on some stato analysis

Yep. Your two keepers were in the bottom three for all key goalkeeping stats. Mind you if we'd have played bogovic I'm sure they'd have been higher.

I'd even posit they'd have to bid even more. What's the benefit to us to peeing Sheff Utd off? If Villa want us to do that they'd need to put something on the table to make it worth our while. Which means going over and above the £22m.

Perhaps they don’t even need to go over the £22m. Just match it but pay full payment up front. That might well seal the deal.

...so you don't think that our defenders contributed significantly to that tally then...?

I don't think our defence was that bad either, other than a below par Smith. Stick the best back 4 and keeper in the world behind a bunch of statues and you'll still concede a bunch of goals.

Yep. Your two keepers were in the bottom three for all key goalkeeping stats. Mind you if we'd have played bogovic I'm sure they'd have been higher.

Well, we used 4 keepers last season, the 5th one signed for Wolves recently and the Croatian national keeper was sent out on loan. So it's a problem dept for me, most Villa fans seem happy with Heaton and Steer as back up but they are basing it on sentiment with Steer as he helped us get promoted. He's played 20 games in 7 years and we've had more keepers than you can shake a stick at in that time,

Personally, I'd be trying to get Henderson from United, I don't think they'll give him a chance and he's too good to sit on a bench.

Anyway if clubs signed every player rumour, we'd all have 50 players every window

Well, we used 4 keepers last season, the 5th one signed for Wolves recently and the Croatian national keeper was sent out on loan. So it's a problem dept for me, most Villa fans seem happy with Heaton and Steer as back up but they are basing it on sentiment with Steer as he helped us get promoted. He's played 20 games in 7 years and we've had more keepers than you can shake a stick at in that time,

Personally, I'd be trying to get Henderson from United, I don't think they'll give him a chance and he's too good to sit on a bench.

Anyway if clubs signed every player rumour, we'd all have 50 players every window

It does sound like an area you need to strengthen. Asmir Begovic is excellent by the way. ;)

Would Aaron be happy with not being number one?

Sheffield United are considering another loan deal for Manchester United's Dean Henderson, 23, despite agreeing a fee with Bournemouth for fellow English goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, 22. (ESPN)

;