Accessible parking and the message it sends

Jon1

New Signing
Visiting the shop today I was taken by the ranks of accessible (sometimes erroneously called 'disabled') parking bays now dedicated to our millionaire players. The glossy sign is up. Now I wonder:

a) What message this sends to our opponents, and...
b) What message this sends to our disabled supporters

If we are using these bays for the stars could they possible be re-marked as such? And could the accessible bays possibly be re-located to some far flung corner of the car park to allow not only our injured players to manage their way in without undue stress, but also disabled supporters/visitors? I think the club have a great record with disabled visitors, but this doesn't look pretty to me!
:eyes:

Jon1 - 10/10/2017 20:31

Visiting the shop today I was taken by the ranks of accessible (sometimes erroneously called 'disabled') parking bays now dedicated to our millionaire players. The glossy sign is up. Now I wonder:

a) What message this sends to our opponents, and...
b) What message this sends to our disabled supporters

If we are using these bays for the stars could they possible be re-marked as such? And could the accessible bays possibly be re-located to some far flung corner of the car park to allow not only our injured players to manage their way in without undue stress, but also disabled supporters/visitors? I think the club have a great record with disabled visitors, but this doesn't look pretty to me!
:eyes:

You've got that wrong.

The disabled spaces are not used by the players at all. On match days the players park in their designated spaces and on training days they park around by the hub and behind the Ted Shed.

Then why is there a great big shinny sign. right by the accessible parking bays, that states "Players Parking' ? And that is precisely where I see them park.

I took a picture today of the 'Players Only' sign by the Accessible Parking bays near the shop, but no I've no idea how to how to post it here. I've no doubt the players park behind the Ted Shed sometimes, but match days? My point is that these are either accessible bays for disabled people or they are not - and the sight of players taking these marked bays on any days is unedifying imho. Mark them as intended.

When I went to pick up my ticket for the Brighton cup game I parked in one of the players places as we were instructed to do as there is no parking near the shop now.

The players park behind the East Stand near to training pitches on non match days.

That’s correct Billy.
When I went to the shop recently I was directed to to the players parking area.
Obviously this would not be the case on match days.

There were a huge bunch of disabled parking spaces when I went to the shop to buy tickets yesterday. We were the only car parked in, what, 20 to 30 spaces.

I was more struck by the fact that several cars belong to players (number plates a giveaway) probably cost more to buy than my house!

I went to the 'club shop on Monday, parking seemed as it always has been, so didn't pay any attention if it has changed or not re - Players parking. Did notice all the gates locked ( including the entrance to the parking spaces outside the shop ) except the one opposite the reception.Together Anything is Possible now half price, no ST discount, appeared well stocked ( no advent calendars though) : )

I found the gates locked when I went to the shop, but it did not prove a problem as the security man let me in. What does annoy me is that there is than AFC Bournemouth van which takes up a disabled bay on a regular basis on match days. I have reported it but to no avail.

I might have jumped the gun - I reckon the Players Parking sign is just very poorly positioned

;