Accountability

Def_II_Royalz

Star Player
Back in the day, you spent your hard earned pounds and went to a match and you knew full well you'd spend 90 minutes in the company of human error, whether that be Fletch spooning a volley over the North Stand from 5 yds out,or the lino flagging offside for a goal that was blatantly onside. And that was part of the pageantry. If the players or the officials or the manager let you down, you were there in person to give full voice to it and you gave your consent to be exposed to the injustice and/or the ineptitude.

This though, I don't give my consent to.

I don't give my consent to having the game I love wrest away from me by some faceless cnut in a portacabin full of televisions who acts as the eyes of god, growing ever wider as my slice of the world burns down in front of them.

Fcuk it. All of it. This isn't football.

It's fcuking bollox and we all know it.

Can’t disagree with any of that…but football has long sold its soul and shafted the fans…
VAR is an absolute **************** show at the moment and we are losing all sight of the game/sport with accountants and money men ruling the show.
I am seriously considering giving it up altogether but don’t want to burn my memories of the last 50 years at the altar of the devil just yet!

Can’t disagree with any of that…but football has long sold its soul and shafted the fans…
VAR is an absolute **************** show at the moment and we are losing all sight of the game/sport with accountants and money men ruling the show.
I am seriously considering giving it up altogether but don’t want to burn my memories of the last 50 years at the altar of the devil just yet!

That's exactly it,but it's worse than the most addictive crack cocaine supporting a football club,it's embedded into your blood and DNA until the day you die.

I stayed until the end and now I'm going to miss the last train home that isn't a bus by minutes. Those minutes wasted ruining my enjoyment tonight. I've been to enough defeats to come to terms with a sh*t result but this is turning into a sh*t sport.
Totally with you on the sentiment and feel your pain having got out of that stadium before painfully slowly but lost by your first sentence. Is it a ‘when is a train not a train’ joke?! Safe trip back anyway.

Totally with you on the sentiment and feel your pain having got out of that stadium before painfully slowly but lost by your first sentence. Is it a ‘when is a train not a train’ joke?! Safe trip back anyway.

It means they kick you off at Southampton so you can wait in the cold for 40 minutes for a bus to take you the rest of the way via every bus stop in the new forest. You pay the full cost of the train so at least you get the rip-off part of the UK rail experience if not the actual train.

Didn't go last night as WHU is a **************** ground etc etc. Also knew we would get shafted up there, didn't bother with watching it on TV. Went to Taphouse in Wimborne instead for a beer or three and just brooded over how after nearly 60 years I am losing my love of the game. Yes last season was great and there have been so many good times but this whole VAR thing is killing it for me.
Is there anyone out there who can honestly say it is a good thing for the game ? If so put your hand up and I will send the men in white coats round.
Up to Leeds in a couple of weeks and expecting more of the same crap.
BIN VAR NOW.

Didn't go last night as WHU is a **************** ground etc etc. Also knew we would get shafted up there, didn't bother with watching it on TV. Went to Taphouse in Wimborne instead for a beer or three and just brooded over how after nearly 60 years I am losing my love of the game. Yes last season was great and there have been so many good times but this whole VAR thing is killing it for me.
Is there anyone out there who can honestly say it is a good thing for the game ? If so put your hand up and I will send the men in white coats round.
BIN VAR NOW.
My goodness how much more worthwhile an evening in the Taphouse would have been to that calamity last night. London Stadium- nice light show but sh*t football ground, totally confusing catering, loos aren’t in the places you’d think, you’re miles from the pitch, even the two blocks of away supporters separated by a chasm that would rival the Serengeti, no atmosphere, loads of happy stewards but you get the sense they’re the same ones they use for athletics. We weren’t great last night, but to get shafted AGAIN by the computer just makes it such a waste of time . And throw in two of the three coaches driving the wrong way out of (which turned in to into) London, so a sh*t day out all round- mostly sh*t due to VAR. How I liked the Championship!

Perhaps getting the Yanks in and letting them control the PL could be a good thing. They don't tolerate incompetence in sport and the use of technology etc is handled very well over there. They would probably take Mike Dean and his mob out and publicly shoot them !!!!! In fact technology is used very well over here in sports like cricket and rugby - Why is it the PL is so feckin useless.

My goodness how much more worthwhile an evening in the Taphouse would have been to that calamity last night. London Stadium- nice light show but sh*t football ground, totally confusing catering, loos aren’t in the places you’d think, you’re miles from the pitch, even the two blocks of away supporters separated by a chasm that would rival the Serengeti, no atmosphere, loads of happy stewards but you get the sense they’re the same ones they use for athletics. We weren’t great last night, but to get shafted AGAIN by the computer just makes it such a waste of time . And throw in two of the three coaches driving the wrong way out of (which turned in to into) London, so a sh*t day out all round- mostly sh*t due to VAR. How I liked the Championship!
The Taphouse was lovely but I had to tell my wife to stop looking at the score on her phone as I just didn't want to know.

BIN VAR NOW.

Last night when the penalty was awarded I left with my daughter and turned my back on the match - a fitting gesture as I have turned my back on the premier league and sky punditry.

I am conflicted as my first game was1969/70 season and seen more lows/downs than ups but I don’t want to watch afcb again in the prem. I have had enough of going to go a game to get away from the stresses of modern life only to become more angry and stressed by bemusing var decisions that are unjust.

Sadly, in the ground, you have no clue what is happening or why - prem league doesn’t care about people in the stadium.

I want to keep supporting my team but I don’t know if I can take any more. Brentford Fulham and last night were ruined by decisions I couldn’t understand and still can’t.

Decided to go by coach last night to avoid worrying about missing last train etc. Never again - was an absolute shambles. Was on coach 2 - kid you not ended up driving through the centre of Bishops Stortford. Got back to Weymouth at 4:45. Last night was a clusterf**k in every way possible. Will laugh about it I’m sure in times to come.

Decided to go by coach last night to avoid worrying about missing last train etc. Never again - was an absolute shambles. Was on coach 2 - kid you not ended up driving through the centre of Bishops Stortford. Got back to Weymouth at 4:45. Last night was a clusterf**k in every way possible. Will laugh about it I’m sure in times to come.
I was wondering about coach 2. Coach 3 was pretty much on time I heard. We were on 1 and got in around 2.30. I heard Adam was about to hand in his resignation as steward on coach 2. Luckily I had Life of Brian on the iPad- Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life never seemed so appropriate!

Have to agree with a lot of the above.....last night was another nail in the coffin of football, the game I've loved since being hooked in my first game circa 1963,
There have been many lows, but last night I have had a real job trying to shake it of, and if anyone else says to me.....its only a game....I dont think I'll be responsible for my actions......not looking forward to Saturday...:(

Perhaps getting the Yanks in and letting them control the PL could be a good thing. They don't tolerate incompetence in sport and the use of technology etc is handled very well over there. They would probably take Mike Dean and his mob out and publicly shoot them !!!!! In fact technology is used very well over here in sports like cricket and rugby - Why is it the PL is so feckin useless.
PGMOL is the problem.

Hang on hang on...Bishops Stortford?? WTF? So basically you have a coach driver who doesn't have a semblance of geographical knowledge to know that it's completely the wrong way?

So did he go up the M11 and then straight past the M25 junction?

;