Accounts

BoyRacer

First Team
"Bournemouth lost £209,000 a week in 2017/18 compared to profit of £305,000 a week the previous season (which was 11 months long for accounts). #AFCB are the 10th Premier League club out of 13 who have reported to date who have made a loss. "

D2pKphyWkAAaagQ

Lots more info here!

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire

So someone feel free to correct me as I've just had a quick glance, but:

• Highest paid director: £1.3m
  • Wage Bill (which will now be higher for this season): £102m
  • We are owed £11m by other clubs for transfers
  • We owe £37.5m to other clubs (Broken into 2 sections of £26.5m and £11m for some reason)
  • There could also be an additional £29.5m in add ons if triggered owed to other clubs
  • Since these accounts, we have spent £73.4m on transfers
Can anyone find the debt owed to owners? I only had a few minutes to skim through

But what does the balance sheet say?
Our squad must be worth at least 15 times that amount, and possibly more as they continue to improve and the average age drops.

as soon as I saw the accounts were prepared in scumland I gave up

Think Al. If you had put your hand in your pocket to bail out our club in the 'Winter Garden' days, you could now have been the one trousering £1.3m a year.
Then you'd be coming on here to justify why you deserve £1.3m as you were the only one back then, prepared to take the financial risk.

Don't you just hate it when the FACTS (ish) are out there.

I have literally no idea what combining the word FACT and “ish” means. Surely this is some sort of oxymoron. But without a 2nd word? Who knows. I mean, I’m sure you do. But I’m lost.

"Bournemouth owe its British Virgin Islands parent company (Max) £45.6 million and its US based minority owner (Peak6) £26.5 million"

Just picking this titbit out from the thread Al suggested, it might give us an idea of what it cost to buy Peak6 out. As well as how much Max owes himself (seems he paid himself back 14m last year as well as loaning himself 30m!)

I have literally no idea what combining the word FACT and “ish” means. Surely this is some sort of oxymoron. But without a 2nd word? Who knows. I mean, I’m sure you do. But I’m lost.

Ever heard the term "Creative accounting"?
It would seem the accounts are a tadge disappointing to you, and you are using me as the scapegoat.

I can assure you, I have nothing to do with the published figures, tho I did buy a wooly hat in the club shop for the Burnley game.

It would seem the accounts are a tadge disappointing to you, and you are using me as the scapegoat.

I can assure you, I have nothing to do with the published figures, tho I did buy a wooly hat in the club shop for the Burnley game.

Are you responsible for the weird annual gloating whenever the accounts come out?

As others pick through the nitty gritty, I just sit back and think - Bournemouth are paying over £100m in WAGES ?- wow!

If you want my advice Al, ignore the accounts and concentrate on the football. There is close to f all that you can tell from them, other than giving you some idea of the level of backing we have from our billionaire owner. Football clubs are unique ‘businesses’, unlike any other. The only thing these accounts tell me is that Denim is serious about continuing his backing.

Are you responsible for the weird annual gloating whenever the accounts come out?

Ah, another annual denialist.

I am not even discussing them this year.
Not even mentioned figures in this set of accounts.
Even kept it to myself last night.

I'll let you form your own opinion.

If you want to work out roughly where we are now (That means today). add 70M of transfers, and a payout of around 30M to Peak6

Subtract a few loan fees we bring in.

Ah, another annual denialist.

I am not even discussing them this year.
Not even mentioned figures in this set of accounts.
Even kept it to myself last night.

I'll let you form your own opinion.

If you want to work out roughly where we are now (That means today). add 70M of transfers, and a payout of around 30M to Peak6

Subtract a few loan fees we bring in.

I'm not denying anything. I've formed my opinion - I'm not bothered one way or the other about the figures because there's nothing I can do about it.

As I've said to you - we're completely reliant on the owner therefore nobody knows how secure our future is other than him. Certainly not a few amateur accountants looking over some smoke-and-mirrors books.

Turnover down, profit down, people being paid more and performance (league position) down. Cash in bank down and debt.... well it’s hard to tell. On the other hand, assets are probably up. There is the tangible asset of the land which is nice but doesn’t represent a huge deal against the liabilities etc. If it were a public company that’d represent a bad year.

That’s about the point at which traditional accounting rules stop though. The debt is single source debt with a friendly benefactor. The balance sheet doesn’t reflect actual value of assets since it can’t in the same way a normal business shows stock plus cash (for example). The turnover in the short term is pretty guaranteed to within a percentage point or two. Some assets (Brooks, Wilson, Ake, Howe) could be worth fortunes or could walk for free. So that could be spun to say we are in brilliant shape.

I enjoy reading the accounts but they can’t be treated the same way as a traditional business.

My summary: last year wasn’t great and I’d hope for better next year. A lot could depend on the terms of the Peak 6 buyout. We’re in fine enough shape but one man’s whim could sink us. As you were really.

;