Adam Smiths Dive

It was mentioned on Twitter that as no penalty was given,that the panel can't look at it?
Is this true?
Also when will Zaha be looked at by the panel?

It was shocking, truly awful. However, as I understand the rules he can't be banned for it as we didn't gain an advantage since the ref waved play on. If the ref had given the penalty it would 100% have been a ban for him.

I wish he'd just stop it. It's embarrassing. And it's already cost us this season by diving before the contact against Southampton.

Funny how we see things differently .Looked to me like his legs went right out out from underneath him on the slippery surface .

Definite dive. Against West Ham he drove into the box and was just running waiting for a touch of some sort to go down as well rather than actually look for an opportunity.

A player can only receive a retrospective ban if a penalty or a red card is actually awarded.

Similar with Wilson, looked like no contact whatsoever and no reason to dive forward, fortunately he immediately got to his feet.

Got to say, well done everyone for being honest about an AFCB player cheating.
It's taken 12 years, but at last you are realising the club cannot track you down and ban you for life for anti AFCB statements.

Garbo - 1/1/2018 18:19

He needs to stop his diving....shameful

:110:

I still think of us as different to all other clubs in that we have more integrity and honesty with Eddie at the helm. Might not be true, but I’d like to believe it.

It was embarrassing as he was a mile away from being touched.

I want us to win, but fairly. Had we have won through a penalty decision, Its difficult to say I wouldn’t have been happy, but it would have made NSC justifiably mad.

I've no idea if anyone on here went today, or if these comments are based around TV viewing... and whilst I want to say I agree, that Smith 'does' need to stay on his feet more, what TV didn't show was that when Smith got up he shock both his hand and his head to almost indicate that he wasn't touched... Not penalty...

Wasn't really any appeal either...

This, however, doesn't deflect from the fact that Smith is one of the club's biggest culprits for hitting the deck a little too easy...

It looked like his first instinct was to appeal but then realised this was a live game and then innocently claim no penalty! To be fair been he has been better recently.

Haven't seen it on TV yet and have no grounds to disagree as my angle in the ground wasn't conclusive but it's a pity that his apparent penchant for falling over rather overshadows how well he did on the left side of midfield. It says a lot for his versatility that he was a genuine threat and showed great strength, determination and no little skill.

He's a real asset - just wish he'd stay on his feet.

kirsikka - 1/1/2018 21:48

You're genuinely saying he didn't appeal? :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

From my memory, he went over, and pretty much got up straight away waving his hand... Perhaps in fear of a yellow, I don't know...

WE wouldn’t WOULDnt have won our lastbgame if Smith hadn’t resisted his natural temptation and stayed on his feet so he could pass to Fraser.
Diving infuriates me. So many chances go begging because a player falls down when the ball is still there for the taking.

;