AFC Bournemouth v Birmingham City

We should see 100% more effort from the players against Birmingham as most players do after a manager leaves because if we don't then that will be very concerning.

I'm not that confident tbh.........not sure how its going to be any different .......what's Woodgate going to do thats suddenly going to make our players stop making stupid mistakes?

I'm not that confident tbh.........not sure how its going to be any different .......what's Woodgate going to do thats suddenly going to make our players stop making stupid mistakes?
That's going to be the irony today.

Apart from certain players being unavailable due to injury which will mean a few new faces, I am expecting pretty much the same approach as if JT were still here, so only difference will be application by players.

I.e. it will be just the same as if JT were still there. We will then beat a miserable Birmingham like earlier in season (compared to Derby / Sheff W who are in better form and results or good Reading). JW difference will be the same as if JT was still here, with all his observations of the team Tuesday fedback during the week either way.

I like that you used word confidence - parallel to squad. Question though, what would it take to get your confidence up. Do you need an experienced Prem fan to come round your house and read the riot act to tell you to be motivated regardless of how you feel or a arm around shoulders, buy you pint, chat to build you back up?

I am confident we are one win away. Last season that win came too late in final game. This is a squad who has no recent experience and no belief in each other of overcoming a bad run. There's winners in this squad but they look like they are mentally distracted by pressure. Our last promoted team had a belief built up over 3-4 seasons, not one being rebuilt across 4 months. Once they do win, they won't look back.

If we go on a run to catch 2nd that would be good, but for me we need to finish learning these lessons by the play offs so we are in form when it matters.

That's going to be the irony today.

Apart from certain players being unavailable due to injury which will mean a few new faces, I am expecting pretty much the same approach as if JT were still here, so only difference will be application by players.

I.e. it will be just the same as if JT were still there. We will then beat a miserable Birmingham like earlier in season (compared to Derby / Sheff W who are in better form and results or good Reading). JW difference will be the same as if JT was still here, with all his observations of the team Tuesday fedback during the week either way.

I like that you used word confidence - parallel to squad. Question though, what would it take to get your confidence up. Do you need an experienced Prem fan to come round your house and read the riot act to tell you to be motivated regardless of how you feel or a arm around shoulders, buy you pint, chat to build you back up?

I am confident we are one win away. Last season that win came too late in final game. This is a squad who has no recent experience and no belief in each other of overcoming a bad run. There's winners in this squad but they look like they are mentally distracted by pressure. Our last promoted team had a belief built up over 3-4 seasons, not one being rebuilt across 4 months. Once they do win, they won't look back.

If we go on a run to catch 2nd that would be good, but for me we need to finish learning these lessons by the play offs so we are in form when it matters.

I agree. It was interesting to read this comment in the week.

"The second thing is confidence. The confidence levels are very, very important to play football. When a team doesn't have good results, a period when results are not good, you need that click back to go back to normality."

No - it wasn't from JT, but from Jose Mourinho. A lucky win (or even better a big win) could change our entire mental frame.

I wouldn't be surprised it Tindall went

Bego
Stacey Mepham Cook Rico Kelly
Pearson Lerma Cook
Surridge Long

Ready to unleash Brooks, Danjuma and possibly Stan, if the game was still tight.

Control the midfield and suffocate their attacks early on.

I've never rated Rico, but at the start of the season had to grudgingly admit he looked really good as a LCB where his lack of pace was not as exposed.

I would start Pearson and Long. We need personnel that have heart, desire and work rate.
These two will both have a point to prove and will be keen to make a good impression, so first names on the team sheet for me for this vital match.

I hate one up front, it’s so negative. It’s like the old Eddie days. Play one up front for the first half before going for two up front in the second half when we’re inevitably behind as we haven’t managed to score.

;