AFC Bournemouth v Brentford

It feels as though we have now settled into this league whereas under Parker it looked like anything but !
:clap::utc:

As you all know I’m no Scott Parker fan but not sure this is accurate. He only had one winnable fixture and won it 2-0. Had we played like we did today at Anfield, home to Arsenal and away at City im not sure the scores would have been a whole heap different.

As you all know I’m no Scott Parker fan but not sure this is accurate. He only had one winnable fixture and won it 2-0. Had we played like we did today at Anfield, home to Arsenal and away at City im not sure the scores would have been a whole heap different.
Well I disagree, we never looked confident on the ball under Parker and our defence was not so well organised and so tough to break down.
I guess we’ll never know but I can’t see us getting humped 9-0 again from here on in, personally.

Well I disagree, we never looked confident on the ball under Parker and our defence was not so well organised and so tough to break down.
I guess we’ll never know but I can’t see us getting humped 9-0 again from here on in, personally.
Did you think we looked comfortable on the ball today. I’ve just watched us not try and win two winnable home games, hardly had any shots, not attempted to get forward or take any risks. I’m not saying it would have been better under Parker but you can clearly see O’Neill is cut from the same cloth which was probably why Parker liked him as a coach.

Just back from the game, well not my cup of tea, yes we got a point but let’s at least try and win.

You can’t fault the grit and determination but my God the quality today was beyond appalling. Brentford weren’t much better mind you. It felt like watching 2 non league sides slogging it out. Lost count of the number of crosses we just whacked straight out of play. We’ve got to be better than that.

Not sure what to make of this afternoon, one VAR decision turned down after referee took what seemed an age looking at it.

Looking at the stats of the game you would have thought we were the away team.

At the end there was what looked like handball, but not given.

As far as entertainment went the game didn’t have much.

But we gained another point, are in a mid table position.

It was a very poor game. 10 minutes at the start of 2nd half were good. We gave the ball away easily (twice in first 4 minutes, one from each of our centre backs)? Often crowded out on the ball. Little movement anywhere. A wasted 70 minutes with Moore on the pitch. No supply to him.

We got lucky. Both teams poor.

Did you think we looked comfortable on the ball today. I’ve just watched us not try and win two winnable home games, hardly had any shots, not attempted to get forward or take any risks. I’m not saying it would have been better under Parker but you can clearly see O’Neill is cut from the same cloth which was probably why Parker liked him as a coach.
It would have been way worse under Parker.

He would have started the game terrified as his mindset is that this squad isn't good enough.

With that horrible mindset shifted, I think we did OK today.

Just OK, but Parker was toxic in his play and his respect for the players he had at his disposal.

O'Neil did ok today, apart from Moore starting, and his reluctance to use his bench.

Yes. We are now brave enough to take players on rather than getting rid of the ball as soon as they get near us ( usually straight to the opposition ).
I can see a bravery in our play which Parker completely undermined. Even against Villa we looked terrified to be in this league. I‘m still not quite sure how we managed to win that match.
I think our players now have the confidence to take people on in this league, something which I only occasionally saw under Parker. Probably partly due to the opposition we were facing of course but the players should still be encouraged to express themselves, against all opposition.

Only 6 goals in 8 games....this is where our problem lies.
Trossard of Brighton has scored half our total in one game...at bloody Anfield !
According to the Stats we had 7 goal attempts with just 1 on target ...v Brentford...Brentford !
And we didn't use Anthony who we know can score at this level.
What's the betting Leicester get their revival going against Forest on Monday then pulverise us.

Sorry about the gloom and doom ...but that's what these home 0-0 draws can do !

To me was the day O’Neil showed he is not the man for the job. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for not attempting to attack a desperately low on confidence Wolves but to do it again and have a second home game bereft of intent or entertainment should mean he is viewed as a caretaker then back in as a coach.

Set up was wrong.. Moore starting blunts us especially when he goes out to the wing to cross to Tavernier. Billing wasted on left side, Cook wasted further forwards… Solanke is wasted when not on last shoulder. Amateur tactics and errors.

Then to not spot it and change it… then when you need goals you remove one goal threat, ignore Anthony, Dembele and Marcondes, who have their faults but know where the net is and offer something different, to bring on Christie the same hard working, no pace couldn’t score in an under nines game with rush keepers, midfielder as the others you had on the pitch.

Just not PL standard management. So we will probably appoint this week…

I just saw it as one of those typical Premier League matches where both sides were far more worried about losing than getting on with the business of winning.

We did the defending thing pretty well which is just as well because Brentford remembered that to win you have to score goals as well as not let any in.

Yes. We are now brave enough to take players on rather than getting rid of the ball as soon as they get near us ( usually straight to the opposition ).
I can see a bravery in our play which Parker completely undermined. Even against Villa we looked terrified to be in this league. I‘m still not quite sure how we managed to win that match.
I think our players now have the confidence to take people on in this league, something which I only occasionally saw under Parker. Probably partly due to the opposition we were facing of course but the players should still be encouraged to express themselves, against all opposition.
I must have been at a different game…

Agree, I’m pretty fuming about the Zemura one. He missed the ball and took out Zemura, in the ground all day long it was a penalty.

Seen it again on tv with super slow mo and it’s still a penalty yes with the benefit of tv you can see his trailing leg touches the ball but this is after he’s fouled Zemura.

;