AFC Bournemouth v Bristol City

Is it a 19:45 start time over there? You have changed to DST, we have not, and I am a bit unsure of when I will get it here.

Thanks, boys (I think??). We are usually 5 hours behind, only 4 hours this week, back to 5 hours next week when we change our clocks. So if game is 7:45, I will look for you at 3:45 (btw .... AFCBLive shows game time 3:45, so that system is set up to recognize that I am in NA .... which makes sense when games are blacked out over here).

'Both sides now have genuine ambitions of winning promotion to the top tier of English football, with Bristol City holding a legitimate claim to being the biggest club to have never featured in the Premier League.......'

Given I well remember them being in the First Division in the 70s, this is tosh. The Premier League is simply a re-branding of the 1st Division.
You're not the only one who finds this sort of article and comment b.....y irritating. It's almost like all those great Championship winning sides before the PL are now somehow second rate.

...to think that back in the 70's who would have ever thought that football clubs would be owned by super rich yanks, Russians, and Oil rich countries...back then it was butchers,bakers and other retail entreprenuers ..

Have to say that it was better back then when we had a proper top division that was eessentailly a british product and the envy of the world for its football...and not like now for it's money making potential for the few..

'Both sides now have genuine ambitions of winning promotion to the top tier of English football, with Bristol City holding a legitimate claim to being the biggest club to have never featured in the Premier League.......'

Given I well remember them being in the First Division in the 70s, this is tosh. The Premier League is simply a re-branding of the 1st Division.
I actually went to a game at Ashton Gate when they were in the top div..saw them play Man City with a city supporting friend of mine at the time..

You're not the only one who finds this sort of article and comment b.....y irritating. It's almost like all those great Championship winning sides before the PL are now somehow second rate.

Not really my intension with that comment. More trying to shoehorn in a discussion point into the preview.

I of course also remember football pre 1992, but it is a legitimate milestone in history. I could of course written that they hadn’t been in the top flight in a generation, but then how long a period of time is a generation?

Not really my intension with that comment. More trying to shoehorn in a discussion point into the preview.

I of course also remember football pre 1992, but it is a legitimate milestone in history. I could of course written that they hadn’t been in the top flight in a generation, but then how long a period of time is a generation?

In Bristol it’s about 14 years

TBH DJ, I was poking my sharpened stick at whichever journo decided to come up with this Prem rubbish. I posted something on the Hove site a few years ago, when some of their newbies were moaning about us getting to the Prem before them, pointing out they had actually played in the First Division, not that long ago.

I would also point out, that the Premier League, started off as a re-brand into the Premiership; thus, if it's acceptable to amalgamate the Premiership and the Premier League, equally the First Division should be included.

I hope we go back up this season but I don't enjoy the top division; nearly all the supporters, of most clubs, are clueless about football's history (honourable exceptions to the Geordies and some Liverpool/Everton/Villa but the London clubs and the Mancs, are just star-struck arsewipes)

;