AFC Bournemouth v Everton - League Cup 3rd Round

Entertaining display in the second half from us…have to say that Stanislas looks shot to me and thought Lowe put in a great shift..Dembele has that surprise element to his game…..Marcondes not up to PL IMO but seems a really nice guy glad he scored…Christie is a bit of a conundrum does so much work but his final ball is often poor and his ability to be robbed of the ball is staggering….Stacey improving very nicely…JZ and his friend Anthony linked up well and are areal asset when they play…nice to see Sadi getting on class touch by GON…Stephens looked okay and has some shithousery about his play often pushing his opponent without getting caught!….Pearson solid and gritty but he’s no Lerma…Rothwell some neat interchanges and he looks a good squad signing…
Can’t complain about any 4-1 win though to be fair

What I liked about the first goal was that Lowe scored it, he was my pick for first goal. What I liked about the second goal was that Christie pounced on the loose ball and just smacked it across the 6-yard box. What I liked about the third goal was that Speed Kills: Jack Stacey made it with his run down the left. What I liked about the fourth goal was Quickness Kills: Waterbug Dembele made something out of nothing.

Would expect Mepham and Stephens to play as Mepham is suspended for Saturday’s game and Stephens is likely to come in for him.

Also expect Stansilas to start.

Travers
Stacey Stephens Mepham Zemura
Pearson Rothwell
Christie Stanislas Anthony
Moore

Subs: Marcondes, Siriki, Lowe, Hill, Solanke, Smith, Dennis.
That was a very good effort.

Main thing for me was that all the fringe players put in a good shift and proved they want to play. I just wish GON had more faith in some of them and used his subs earlier in games like Leeds etc. Entertaining second half.

From Liverpool Echo.

The empty seats told you everything you needed to know.

The lifeblood of Everton Football Club, the defining factor in the club's Premier League survival, have once again been superb over a six week period that has seen them clock up thousands of miles in pursuit of their true love. There have been difficult days among those weeks - the failures to register a shot on target across 180 minutes at Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United among them.
But throughout, the travelling Blues have backed their side. Spirit of the Blues lived on even as progress stuttered. Yet after 80 minutes of a south coast horror show Everton 's supporters began to leave the Vitality Stadium to the humiliation of their rival fans singing: "We want five." They deserved better. Far better.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erton-bournemouth-frank-lampard-fans-25466284

From Liverpool Echo.

The lifeblood of Everton Football Club, the defining factor in the club's Premier League survival, have once again been superb over a six week period that has seen them clock up thousands of miles in pursuit of their true love. There have been difficult days among those weeks - the failures to register a shot on target across 180 minutes at Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United among them.
But throughout, the travelling Blues have backed their side. Spirit of the Blues lived on even as progress stuttered. Yet after 80 minutes of a south coast horror show Everton 's supporters began to leave the Vitality Stadium to the humiliation of their rival fans singing: "We want five." They deserved better. Far better.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...erton-bournemouth-frank-lampard-fans-25466284

They left early because the sight of so many parked cars just outside was too big a temptation.

From Liverpool Echo.

The best chant was "how **************** must you be, we were 2 up"

I've been really excited by Dembele since he signed but feel like at this level I would only deploy him as an impact player initially as I'm not sure he could run defences ragged for the whole 90 minutes.
Agreed he can't be expected to keep his level of intensity up for a full 90 but that doesn't preclude starting him; we are allowed 5 subs.
Far better for him to come out attacking from the start until he tires than waste him by putting him on with only 5 minutes left of the game.

Agreed he can't be expected to keep his level of intensity up for a full 90 but that doesn't preclude starting him; we are allowed 5 subs.
Far better for him to come out attacking from the start until he tires than waste him by putting him on with only 5 minutes left of the game.
Or, better still, bring him on after an hour and give him 30 minutes against tiring defenders

Agree, 5 minutes is just daft

;