AFC Bournemouth v Everton

I know Neto is the vogue boo-boy but he looked like he had two hands on the ball when he was shoulder barged.

I know back in the day (90s) 'keepers would stick out a knee "to protect themselves" but for about 20 years now anyone touching the 'keeper when they're holding the ball is an instant foul.

Seems kind of harsh to dig him out without properly seeing it.
He dropped the ball. Even mild mannered and sensible Efan said it was terrible goalkeeping

Andoni Iraola just mentioned Christie missed the game with a cut knee that has swollen and not sure how long he will be out, could be days but too early to say.

Nice to get re-acquainted with the team after 17 days. Not much memorable went on until the last 10 minutes, two butt-ugly goals that cancelled each other out, to get us a win that I felt we deserved. Some puzzling performances from our team, but let's chalk that up to rust. We can still justify looking up to 10th or better. Semenyo continues to impress in "Beast Mode" (guys over here will recognize the term and doesn't he remind you of Lynch).

It didn’t look like foul to me at the time and it doesn’t in this.
No, it's not a foul, but Meps and the keeper get in each others way. I know I defend Neto a lot on here, but I can't honestly see how that's his fault. People wanted him to catch the ball. Well, this is what happens, when trying to catch in tight situations. If he made a mistake, it was not just punching it clear.

What a horrible side Everton are. The own goal was poetic justice after they spent most of the game falling down at the slightest touch. They should spend a bit less time practising gamesmanship and a bit more practising passing and shooting. I thought we played as well as we could given how Everton played, but pleased to see that Tavernier looks like he is coming back into form and what a lovely goal that was. Transfermarkt value Neto at 2.5m Euros , the second lowest value for any first choice goalkeeper in the PL, only Wes Foderingham is lower.

I know Neto is the vogue boo-boy but he looked like he had two hands on the ball when he was shoulder barged.

I know back in the day (90s) 'keepers would stick out a knee "to protect themselves" but for about 20 years now anyone touching the 'keeper when they're holding the ball is an instant foul.

Seems kind of harsh to dig him out without properly seeing it.
Mmmm, having seen many replays I think Neto was particularly weak in that instance. Nowhere near a foul on him. Unfortunately, despite his excellent save in the first half this sort of error will mark him down.

Thought we played well for the first 60 minutes, but relaxed a bit too much after the goal. Pretty much everyone had a solid 7/10 game for me. Neto ironically tried to catch it the one time he should’ve punched it. Should’ve given Mepham a shout too. Adams was very good; surprised Cook got the sponsors MoM I thought it wasn’t one of his best games. The future of the midfield is definitely Adams | Scott imo, with the No10 still to sort out (I like Kluivert there but long term there’s probably better options).

Tavernier back to his best in all areas but dribbling. He seems to have lost that knack for going past people with ease atm. Solanke had a quiet game but a real strikers finish. Kelly can be a very good LB; in different circumstances he’s probably be in the England squad tbh, given how bad Chilwell is looking lol.

;