AFC Bournemouth v Everton

Actually feel sorry for Everton fans having to watch Dycheball every week....I know I moaned about Parker and Gon but they were never as bad as that.....how he is a PL manager and Mark Robins isn't is mind boggling.
Have a friend who's an Everton supporter. He says although they're going through a bad patch, he think Dyche has steadied the ship.

I like Neto but given he’s nearing the end of his career, I think we should be looking at our options for next season.

I’ve not been in the Neto out camp up to now but as we’re safe, I wouldn’t be averse to giving Travers the last 9 games and seeing how he fares.

Travers’last extended run was in a team that its own manager did his best to undermine, so let’s see how he gets on in a more positive environment. It’s time to decide whether he’s good enough to be the no.1 and, if not, we recruit a new GK in the summer.

And apologies if someone has said all of this already, I haven’t read the whole thread!
No need to apologise, rb. This board tends to repeat itself quite a lot anyway.

Neto saved us first half, then throws it away by being soft. Loved him last season he made such a difference. By this point we’re safe and it might be worth having another look at Travers before the summer.

Sponsors man of the match Lewis Cook.

Lol.
Lewis is having a great season. Didn't see match today, though. I did see his sky-rocket shot on highlights. Think Andoni's maybe encouraging him to try to get goals as he's been taking direct free kicks of late.

Last edited:
Lewis is having a great season. Didn't see match today, though. I did see his sky-rocket shot on highlights. Think Andoni's may be encouraging him to try to get goals as he's been taking direct free kicks of late.
Also adams played a bit deeper so freed cook to support the attack more. He even appeared left wing at one point!!

Agree with the folks that want a new keeper for next season.

Neto is good on 1:1 and in goal, but a bit of a liability in aerial balls and with his feet.

He’s not getting any better.

Need to push for top half. Would be a huge statement and morale boost heading into Iraola’s second
Where's Freddie Woodman these days?

Also adams played a bit deeper so freed cook to support the attack more. He even appeared left wing at one point!!
I wondered before the game how it would work, given Cook is usually the deeper but Adams wants that spot.

For me, neither was bad but also neither imposed themselves on the game, particularly in possession, as much as our midfield usually does.

Not sure it’s an ideal balance having both of them. But it’s new and it’s not going to be perfect on day one. Hope Christie is ok though.

Ok it wasn't a great match or performance from us but for myself and the Good Lady it makes the win even sweeter. Our keeper gifting them an equaliser, then 5 minutes later their keeper and fullback, gift and score our winner. Oh how my heart bleeds for that poor Sour Dyche, struggling, struggling, struggling to keep plucky Everton in the Premier League. Having to resort to all out sh-thousery as their one and only tactic : )

I like Everton as a football club, when they appointed him I thought it will go one of two ways. Dyche, finally having a slightly better squad than his Burnley brawlers would play a more expansive style or he'd bring them down to his level. It's just Burnley on Merseyside. Yes they're hamstrung financially but they've got better footballers than the way they played the whole match. There's a reason Eddie was linked with and got a better job than he ever did/will : )

We may not have played so well today, first half against Luton and Sheff Utd but we got 7 points. We played brilliantly against Newcastle and Man City, only 1 point to the total though : )

Neto dropped a clanger today, when Travers is showing better form in training I'm sure he'll be playing : )

When I heard Sour Dough whinging about a "nailed on penalty" I assumed it must've been down the other end. If that's the "incident " on those highlights, it happened right in front of us. If Calvert-Lewin was "caught" it was because he was already falling and "caught" someone's leg/foot on the way down. I'd have been outraged and astounded if that was given against us and very, very surprised and relived if something like that was given for us : )

They even had a new "time waster" today early in the first half, taking throw ins from the wrong place. What a statement of intent : )

Good to be sat watching in the sunshine again. Great to see Kirssika(?) back again on here. Leaving the ground in daylight, Spring is a springing. Got home to find some new T-shirts had arrived. Nice of a guy to tell me he's seen the hat on Match-of-the-Day : )

It wasn't perfect but like others, I can remember celebrating equalising at Sean Dyche's Turd Moor, only for our next touch to be kicking off after going 2-0 down. I also remember Burnley scoring with a handball ( as it was deemed that season) and no VAR overturning it. He thought VAR was correct then. A win is a win is a win. Celebrate and enjoy it. Have a great Easter weekend everyone
: )

Have a friend who's an Everton supporter. He says although they're going through a bad patch, he think Dyche has steadied the ship.
Personally think dyche has taken Everton backwards - one of the worst attacking performances against us at Dean court this season. Little ambition or creativity - happy to dish it out physically not receive it. Very Burnley-lite and a tough watch.

Dyche creates the narrative they were robbed by not getting a penalty. Totally ignores the clear foul on kluivert though. They were gifted a goal and still messed up. Got what they deserved.

Enjoyable afternoon, Everton are not a great side but they don’t concede many. All things considered I thought that we created more than enough to win the game. Aside from the goal that we gifted them I can’t recall them having any other big opportunities, whereas it felt like we had a few.

I couldn’t disagree more with those suggesting that we played like ‘we were already on the beach.’ I can only assume that those who hold that view were watching from a television screen, because from my view in the North stand I saw the amount of fight our players put into getting that result today.

Everton really are set piece merchants, if you can nullify their threat from dead ball situations then they will struggle to create anything of note. And to our credit, we did deal with their threat from set pieces today.

My ratings

Neto- 4 kicked numerous balls straight out of play when under little/no pressure. Compounded this by gifting Everton a totally undeserved equaliser from a situation he really should be commanding comfortably. An experienced pro like him should be aware enough of his surroundings to know that attempting a catch there is a risk that isn’t worth taking. I’m afraid to say that he is costing us too often at this point and goal keeper really should be the priority position to recruit in come the Summer.

Kerkez- 7 put in a good shift, battled and scrapped for every ball. Solid enough defensively and tried to get forward when he could.

Smith- 7.5 rolled back the years, a performance full of energy and lung busting runs to support the attack. His cross caused the panic that led to the winner. His 200th PL appearance for us, regardless of what you think of him as a player he’s an indisputable cherries legend.

Mepham- 7.5 very solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Read the game well and made some very important interventions both in the air and on the floor. It did help that he was tasked with marking a literal donkey but hey, he can only defend what is in front of him! Probably be his last season with us but he’s always been a solid and dependable pro.

Zabarnyi- 7.5 the more I watch of him the more I’m convinced he will go on to be one of the best in the world in his position. He quite simply has it all, to be as good as he is at his age is quite frightening. I know many won’t like this, but for me he is a better centre back than Ake. Looks more and more assured by the week.

Adams- 8 MOTM covered every blade of grass and made countless tackles and interceptions. So calm and composed on the ball. Chelsea would have signed him if it weren’t for his injury and you can see why they were interested, and why we decided to take advantage.

Cook- 7.5 did surprisingly well in a more advanced midfield position. Clearly not an entirely natural roll for him but was very busy and always looking to make things happen. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that I didn’t feel like we really missed Christie today, which is huge praise indeed.

Semenyo- 7.5 we all know how good he is by this point. Defenders just bounce off of him and the way he glides with the ball is a joy to behold. Always provides an outlet and you always feel like he will make something happen.

Tavernier- 7 an improved showing from Marcus, looked to drive forward with real pace purpose and look to commit his defender. He lost the ball a few times but I don’t mind so much as long as he is really looking to drive at his opponent and make things happen. Used the ball well at times.

Kluivert- 7.5 will happily admit to being wrong on this one. Did not think this way a game for him but
Think you may have forgotten our goalscorer;-)

Personally think dyche has taken Everton backwards - one of the worst attacking performances against us at Dean court this season. Little ambition or creativity - happy to dish it out physically not receive it. Very Burnley-lite and a tough watch.

Dyche creates the narrative they were robbed by not getting a penalty. Totally ignores the clear foul on kluivert though. They were gifted a goal and still messed up. Got what they deserved.
I agree with your last paragraph. He's always been like that.

I wondered before the game how it would work, given Cook is usually the deeper but Adams wants that spot.

For me, neither was bad but also neither imposed themselves on the game, particularly in possession, as much as our midfield usually does.

Not sure it’s an ideal balance having both of them. But it’s new and it’s not going to be perfect on day one. Hope Christie is ok though.
Christie came in before the game and said he got a knock playing for Scotland. Was walking OK so assumed something like a dead leg. Hopefully OK to play a part against Palace.

Freddie is at Preston North End.

From my view up from the Ted Shed it looked liked Neto was slightly impeded and nudged from catching the ball.

I would give Travers the remaining games.
Think it was mepham who nudged him.

Amazing aside to this result.

Everton are currently seeing a new 50,000 plus capacity stadium nearing completion with a strong possibility of them playing in it, in a lower division.....We are safe from relegation and flirting with a top half finish in the PL....but with No concrete Stadium Plan in place - concrete being mixed in any context you wish ...or bricks being assembled in anything other than Lego- like form !
And No i'm not in Wetherspoons sipping booze...or sucking my last Werther !

Thought adams was quietly effective but needs game time so will take time. Not sure cook is creative enough for a more advanced role but thought he deserved the mom award

Everton are currently seeing a new 50,000 plus capacity stadium nearing completion with a strong possibility of them playing in it, in a lower division.....We are safe from relegation and flirting with a top half finish in the PL....but with No concrete Stadium Plan in place - concrete being mixed in any context you wish ...or bricks being assembled in anything other than Lego- like form !

Little steps Brian.

The training ground is well on the way.

I’m very confident our current owners will deliver a new stadium.

Yeah, the Chinese would of had a 50,000 seater stadium built by now.. :ROFLMAO:

;