AFC Bournemouth v Everton

Amazing aside to this result.

Everton are currently seeing a new 50,000 plus capacity stadium nearing completion with a strong possibility of them playing in it, in a lower division.....We are safe from relegation and flirting with a top half finish in the PL....but with No concrete Stadium Plan in place - concrete being mixed in any context you wish ...or bricks being assembled in anything other than Lego- like form !
And No i'm not in Wetherspoons sipping booze...or sucking my last Werther !

A nod to the word play on concrete

The Cook for man of the match was a joke.

He had the chance to just hit the target after Pickford parried Semenyos shot.

Skied it.

Various low quality free kicks and corners that with 7 attempts, none executed.

Late in the game, passing to nobody, putting the ball directly into touch.

Just these weak plays that seem to go unnoticed by the fan boys.

Adams will take Cooks place once Christie is back, perhaps not this season, but definitely next.

Shoehorning Cook into the team with a far superior Adams, simply won't work.

Once Christie is fit, Cook is on the sidelines, and rightfully so, he's stealing a living at this level, but fortunately for him, he's never had any direct competition.

AFCB will move on to the next level when we finally replace Cook.

He's awful.
April fool?

It was never going to be a good game, it never is v Dyche. You can’t get space or play football. Mom between Zabs, Cook or Semenyo. We should play Travers for the rest of the season. I’m not sure why Kerkez thinks he’s too good for here. Smith was way better than him again and can’t wait to retire!

Ref played too much into their hands by setting a tone of giving little fouls. He also missed a blatant pen for them as did VAR which is more incredible.

They have better players than their results.

My random thoughts.

Everton have quite a few decent players, who'd bring 20 mill + if they choose to sell them.

They need to move the limited Sheff United level/type manager on to break out of this depression.

They're doing themselves no favours with him at the helm. Thank god we didn't go for him when GON was caretaker, as a few on here wanted.

Perhaps serves a purpose, such as getting side out of trouble near season end (although he barely achieved that last season...), but Everton can surely attract better than him.

That was an atrocious performance from Everton, worse than Forest. The fans must be furious paying to watch that rubbish every week.
The constant stopping and starting drives me mad, made worse by the referees who seem to think it’s a non contact game, just let things go and it will stop, you don’t see nearly as many free kicks in any other division.
I thought we did okay but we need a player who can open teams up and create from the midfield, hopefully Scott will make that his job.
Poor old Neto looked a bit shaky all afternoon before his howler, why didn’t he punch as he always does? He made a decent save early on so not all bad.
Mr Foley will have been pleased to see Captain America playing, hopefully he’s here to persuade Kelly to stay.
Anyway, 3 points, that’s what matters.
Happy Easter to all. UTC

Enjoyable afternoon, Everton are not a great side but they don’t concede many. All things considered I thought that we created more than enough to win the game. Aside from the goal that we gifted them I can’t recall them having any other big opportunities, whereas it felt like we had a few.

I couldn’t disagree more with those suggesting that we played like ‘we were already on the beach.’ I can only assume that those who hold that view were watching from a television screen, because from my view in the North stand I saw the amount of fight our players put into getting that result today.

Everton really are set piece merchants, if you can nullify their threat from dead ball situations then they will struggle to create anything of note. And to our credit, we did deal with their threat from set pieces today.

My ratings

Neto- 4 kicked numerous balls straight out of play when under little/no pressure. Compounded this by gifting Everton a totally undeserved equaliser from a situation he really should be commanding comfortably. An experienced pro like him should be aware enough of his surroundings to know that attempting a catch there is a risk that isn’t worth taking. I’m afraid to say that he is costing us too often at this point and goal keeper really should be the priority position to recruit in come the Summer.

Kerkez- 7 put in a good shift, battled and scrapped for every ball. Solid enough defensively and tried to get forward when he could.

Smith- 7.5 rolled back the years, a performance full of energy and lung busting runs to support the attack. His cross caused the panic that led to the winner. His 200th PL appearance for us, regardless of what you think of him as a player he’s an indisputable cherries legend.

Mepham- 7.5 very solid and didn’t put a foot wrong. Read the game well and made some very important interventions both in the air and on the floor. It did help that he was tasked with marking a literal donkey but hey, he can only defend what is in front of him! Probably be his last season with us but he’s always been a solid and dependable pro.

Zabarnyi- 7.5 the more I watch of him the more I’m convinced he will go on to be one of the best in the world in his position. He quite simply has it all, to be as good as he is at his age is quite frightening. I know many won’t like this, but for me he is a better centre back than Ake. Looks more and more assured by the week.

Adams- 8 MOTM covered every blade of grass and made countless tackles and interceptions. So calm and composed on the ball. Chelsea would have signed him if it weren’t for his injury and you can see why they were interested, and why we decided to take advantage.

Cook- 7.5 did surprisingly well in a more advanced midfield position. Clearly not an entirely natural roll for him but was very busy and always looking to make things happen. The biggest compliment I can pay him is that I didn’t feel like we really missed Christie today, which is huge praise indeed.

Semenyo- 7.5 we all know how good he is by this point. Defenders just bounce off of him and the way he glides with the ball is a joy to behold. Always provides an outlet and you always feel like he will make something happen.

Tavernier- 7 an improved showing from Marcus, looked to drive forward with real pace purpose and look to commit his defender. He lost the ball a few times but I don’t mind so much as long as he is really looking to drive at his opponent and make things happen. Used the ball well at times.

Kluivert- 7.5 will happily admit to being wrong on this one. Did not think this way a game for him but
Agree with most of that (please post more like this).

Neto (his name is actually pronounced neeh-too, who'da thunk it) was a bit better than a 4 IMNSHO more of a 5.5, as he played well and made some good saves and excellent play out from the back for the first 75 minutes. It was really only the last 20 minutes (yes, 6 minutes of stoppage time, I know) that he did some daft passing around the area and some flapping, reminiscent of a certain goalkeeper-coach in the 90s.

Solanke, I'm going for an 8. Aside from his goal, his overall play was very good. Two crucial clearances in our box from Everton set-pieces, which coupled with his goal and his quite unselfish passing, made me a tad concerned when he went off. I'm normally in favour of him being subbed, as he works so hard but I'd have liked him on the pitch 'til the final whistle. Toney will never do all that Solanke does.

What an horrific OG too. Jesus :D. Sort of thing that happens when you're down there and feels like worlds against you.

Something you'd expect to see in a Sunday League pub team game.

The Cook for man of the match was a joke.

He had the chance to just hit the target after Pickford parried Semenyos shot.

Skied it.

Various low quality free kicks and corners that with 7 attempts, none executed.

Late in the game, passing to nobody, putting the ball directly into touch.

Just these weak plays that seem to go unnoticed by the fan boys.

Adams will take Cooks place once Christie is back, perhaps not this season, but definitely next.

Shoehorning Cook into the team with a far superior Adams, simply won't work.

Once Christie is fit, Cook is on the sidelines, and rightfully so, he's stealing a living at this level, but fortunately for him, he's never had any direct competition.

AFCB will move on to the next level when we finally replace Cook.

He's awful.
Cook had a very good game. There were occasions when he and Adams looked a bit unsure with each other but they were when they were both close together on the pitch. Adams tended to be slightly wider than Cook most of the game.

It was never going to be a good game, it never is v Dyche. You can’t get space or play football. Mom between Zabs, Cook or Semenyo. We should play Travers for the rest of the season. I’m not sure why Kerkez thinks he’s too good for here. Smith was way better than him again and can’t wait to retire!

Ref played too much into their hands by setting a tone of giving little fouls. He also missed a blatant pen for them as did VAR which is more incredible.

They have better players than their results.

My random thoughts.
A lot around me, agreed they have far better players than their results. I thought during the match that if Howe took over now, he'd probably win 7 of their remaining matches with that squad.

A lot around me, agreed they have far better players than their results. I thought during the match that if Howe took over now, he'd probably win 7 of their remaining matches with that squad.

Exactly, unless they have too many toxic personalities or something like that, they should be around us/midtable, given calibre of players they have throughout.

They have totally the wrong man in the hotseat at present and its holding them back imo.

I think they'll survive, as bar is particularly low this season, luckily for them. Then they'll appoint someone new in the summer.

Exactly, unless they have too many toxic personalities or something like that, they should be around us/midtable, given calibre of players they have throughout.

They have totally the wrong man in the hotseat at present and its holding them back imo.

I think they'll survive, as bar is particularly low this season, luckily for them. Then they'll appoint someone new in the summer.

Agree. He's so set on his system he's stifling any creative play which is exactly what he did at Burnley. They have some decent players in that squad but I'd argue McNeil, Onana, Harrison to name but a few are wasted . I appreciate McNeil played for him previously but he was their only shining light back then who I thought would go onto much better things, instead he's back in the old system of complete and utter drudge.

;