AFC Bournemouth v Everton

Agree. He's so set on his system he's stifling any creative play which is exactly what he did at Burnley. They have some decent players in that squad but I'd argue McNeil, Onana, Harrison to name but a few are wasted . I appreciate McNeil played for him previously but he was their only shining light back then who I thought would go onto much better things, instead he's back in the old system of complete and utter drudge.

Yes they're good players, so are others.

Funny thing is, even McNeil and Harrison have exceptionally high workrates, for wingers... so fit the bill perfectly for Mr Dyche requirements.

But they're both decent players, and could slot in at less limited sides still.

They need wins so have to be more attacking rather than playing for draws or tight wins .

Can Dyche do that ?

Probably just get lucky again ..

Got Luton soon I think

They don't like it that much but tend to blame the board more than anything for their woes.

Everton fans have great gallows humour.

'Good team bonding away, away from all the pressure. Got everyone back fit and focused for the 10 Cup Finals we have left and everyone looks like they're raring to go and competition within the squad is the best it's been all season

Bournemouth 4-0 Everton
Young og 3rd min
Young sent off 21st min
Solanke pen 22nd min
Solanke pen 24th min
Keane og 93rd min'

They need wins so have to be more attacking rather than playing for draws or tight wins .

Can Dyche do that ?

Probably just get lucky again ..

Got Luton soon I think .
I was thinking / making this point during the game. A draw didn’t really help them much, they need a couple wins from somewhere asap and then they’ll be ok.

So I struggled to understand the time wasting and negativity from minute one (which suddenly improved when we scored first). They’re not a lower league side in a cup game. They should be looking to make a half decent game of it. But Dyche doesn’t know any other way, I guess.

It was never going to be a good game, it never is v Dyche. You can’t get space or play football. Mom between Zabs, Cook or Semenyo. We should play Travers for the rest of the season. I’m not sure why Kerkez thinks he’s too good for here. Smith was way better than him again and can’t wait to retire!

Ref played too much into their hands by setting a tone of giving little fouls. He also missed a blatant pen for them as did VAR which is more incredible.

They have better players than their results.

My random thoughts.
I too thought it was a clear pen.

We got away with one there.

I was thinking / making this point during the game. A draw didn’t really help them much, they need a couple wins from somewhere asap and then they’ll be ok.

So I struggled to understand the time wasting and negativity from minute one (which suddenly improved when we scored first). They’re not a lower league side in a cup game. They should be looking to make a half decent game of it. But Dyche doesn’t know any other way, I guess.
Some tough games, but some very winnable '6 pointers' in there too. Very much in theirs and Dyches own hands still. Screw it up, and theres no excuses really - its all there for them to take if they sort themselves out. If they don't, totally deserve to go down, and it will primarly be the managers fault imo:

1711876931326.png

Generally awful game as Dyche always takes the joy out of football and replaces it with grunt and shunt….glad we got the points thought that both penalty shouts were not given due to the theatricals of diving which I think is fair enough tbh.
Shame as I feel that Everton have some decent players turned into cloggers by Dyche’s methods and tactics.
As for Neto well I sort of expect a few errors now…reminds of when we had Jalal!
As long as we continue to press and mix up our game then I will enjoy our match day efforts.
Word for Smith who is having a great twilight to his career…and why are some criticising Lewis Cook?…have then been watching Kalvin Phillips recently or the much lauded Fernandez at Chelsea?… we are lucky to have Cook IMO
Zarbarnyi is becoming a colossus for us and him and Mepham did well against a truly physical test (apart from Calvin-Lewis who looks made of chocolate!)
Well done the manager and team for grinding out a result…

The ginger allardyce anti football managed 1 shot on goal and that was from a long free kick headed on.
The only obvious tactic was to hoof the ball long either out of play or for Neto to gather.

If bringing on Ashley Young to match the speed of Dango is Plan B then the plot is well and truly lost.

Good to see Adams slotting in seamlessly and Kelly back available.

The bench is looking strong and Christie and Senesi to strengthen the squad.

Generally awful game as Dyche always takes the joy out of football and replaces it with grunt and shunt….glad we got the points thought that both penalty shouts were not given due to the theatricals of diving which I think is fair enough tbh.
Shame as I feel that Everton have some decent players turned into cloggers by Dyche’s methods and tactics.
As for Neto well I sort of expect a few errors now…reminds of when we had Jalal!
As long as we continue to press and mix up our game then I will enjoy our match day efforts.
Word for Smith who is having a great twilight to his career…and why are some criticising Lewis Cook?…have then been watching Kalvin Phillips recently or the much lauded Fernandez at Chelsea?… we are lucky to have Cook IMO
Zarbarnyi is becoming a colossus for us and him and Mepham did well against a truly physical test (apart from Calvin-Lewis who looks made of chocolate!)
Well done the manager and team for grinding out a result…
Good to see Adam Smith getting that excellent cross in for the O.G. It was as good a cross as Kellys for Solankes goal. Smith has been absolutely brilliant, a real inspiration out there. 200 PL games and I reckon a good few more in the tank. An AFCB legend.

Our home record against Everton really is hard to get your head around.......since that 3-3 we've won the last 6!......The fact some on here wanted Dyche as our manager is frightening....we can look at yesterdays game and think fcking hell that was a hard watch but there's a match on Tuesday to look forward too......Everton fans know it's not going to get any better.....it must soul destroying.
Dyche complains about his teams lack of finishers yet plays the truely abysmal Dwight McNeil ahead of Danjuma!......he has a quality creative midfielder in Andre Gomes yet plays three defensive midfielders.....shudder.

Good to see Adam Smith getting that excellent cross in for the O.G. It was as good a cross as Kellys for Solankes goal. Smith has been absolutely brilliant, a real inspiration out there. 200 PL games and I reckon a good few more in the tank. An AFCB legend.

Love him, tenacity and ability.

Thought he was finished a year or two back, when looked tired and slow. Incredible turnaround and servant to the club.

Having a former RB as our manager must have helped him.

Our home record against Everton really is hard to get your head around.......since that 3-3 we've won the last 6!......The fact some on here wanted Dyche as our manager is frightening....we can look at yesterdays game and think fcking hell that was a hard watch but there's a match on Tuesday to look forward too......Everton fans know it's not going to get any better.....it must soul destroying.
Dyche complains about his teams lack of finishers yet plays the truely abysmal Dwight McNeil ahead of Danjuma!......he has a quality creative midfielder in Andre Gomes yet plays three defensive midfielders.....shudder.

He's full of sh1t.

DCL, Beto, Danjuma (currently injured). Plus others going forwards.... decent wingers. He has the quality there, but he sets them up in such a 'pragmatic' way, no wonder they struggle.

Read a bit on their forum and they mention how the CDM/CM's keep getting in each others way as they're similar, occupy similar space. Heat map shows how ridiculously narrow he had them setup. All his fault, not the resources available.

He'll be gone in the summer, regardless of whether they stay up or go down.

FWIW I want to say I was amongst those that could not believe Lewis Cook got given MOM. I'm not a Lewis detractor I've always liked him and he has had some great performances this season particularly but from where I was watching yesterday, that was one of his worst performances for a long while. Nearly every time he passed it went out of play or to an oppo player, his shooting was wayward and he still seems to struggle to get his corner kicks over the first defender. I am a Lewis fan but yesterday was not one of his best days, come on be honest......

;