AFC Bournemouth v Everton

Listen ill judge Everton end of season when they've played all bottom 6 teams, i thought they played some skanky football but even with a further points deduction you wouldn't rule them out stayin up again.They have some ideal fixtures left. Good luck to Luton though.
If a club liike Everton can get relegated its good news for smaller clubs because they have never been relegated

It's mad that a club the size of Everton are fighting Luton to stay up in the pl they won old div 1 a mere 36 years ago and stopped liverpool dominance in 80's.

Last edited:
If DCL had gone down when the contact happened I think it would have been a pen, but Adams barely touched his shin (not enough to knock him over) and then withdrew his foot, there was then a split second of thought before DCL decided to do his plank impression and therefore, it looked like a dive
On sky match highlights (30 mins) efan ekoku said there was contact but the reaction was delayed. Don’t know why keown and warnock can’t see that too.

I think it would be helpful if they gave officials biology lessons and show how a body reacts to contact to stop bogus fouls being given.

The tap that adams gives dcl can’t lead to both feet flicking up in the air. It’s impossible. Thus ref made the right call

Last edited:
Everton's play reminded me of the Cambridge Utd tactics in their successful spell under John Beck with Dion Dublin up front. Anyone else at the 4-0 away defeat in 1991 ?
In the 60's Everton had a class Scottish midfielder, Alex Young, who had the soubriquet 'The Golden Vision', partly in relation to his blond hair.
Everton's attractive play down the years earned them another name, 'The School of Science'
Now it's the 'Ginger Lack of Vision' and 'The School of Lump-it'
The sad thing is that Everton have blown millions to try to move from top 8 club to be better but only ended up with the whinging leader and an ugly style of play.

Of course, Everton’s “dogs of war” team weren’t exactly a team for the purists, but played with an aggression and effort that this current team lacks; they had heart. I do think a diffrent manager would get a better tune from a team, that lacks the fight of forest or Luton teams

Last edited:
There is two ways to look at Everton if you were born in 80s you remember alot of close high scoring game when they won fa cup final in 95 but these gen z lot view them as phucking toilet whiuich is shame in a way because Everton are the epitome of a big club phucking up

I even think Everton are bigger club than Man City, because all those titles and last years treble and people still dont give a phuck that's what City are, no one is offended by their dominance because no one gives a phuck, The other big 5 hate each other much more with a passion for a reason,

Everton blown a disgusting amount of money on player like Jaime Rodriquez - who was supposedly still in prime - 12 mill a year on wages. Wasnt interested.

Moises Keen - superb player, but fell out quickly and was loaned to Juve.

Just 2 names. Whole host of misfits they wasted hundreds of millions on, that on paper should have propelled them into CL qualification contention.

Dwight McNeil - better version of Matt Ritchie. Slow, as far as modern wingers go, but good technical ability, high workrate/teamwork, consistent. He's not just a limited workhorse, but isn't typical 'flamboyant' all out attack winger... defo PL level winger, asset in right kind of lower teams.

1711948993444.png

There is two ways to look at Everton if you were born in 80s you remember alot of close high scoring game when they won fa cup final in 95 but these gen z lot view them as phucking toilet whiuich is shame in a way because Everton are the epitome of a big club phucking up
Always remember when Andy King scored the winner in the derby and got pushed off the pitch by plod during full time interview, bloody hilarious !

Also adams played a bit deeper so freed cook to support the attack more. He even appeared left wing at one point!!
Just a bit of tactical analysis on that point regarding Cook showing up on the left. I noticed it primarily in the early parts of the second half and that at the same time Kerkez wasn't bombing forward. Therefore, it seemed to me that Kerkez had been directed at the half to play more conservatively (could be management of the past strain) and have Cook move forward to fill that space. Interesting to note that as soon as Kelly came in, he moved forward into that space and got the assist for Solanke's goal, which makes me think the tactic was dictated by personnel on the pitch.

Just a bit of tactical analysis on that point regarding Cook showing up on the left. I noticed it primarily in the early parts of the second half and that at the same time Kerkez wasn't bombing forward. Therefore, it seemed to me that Kerkez had been directed at the half to play more conservatively (could be management of the past strain) and have Cook move forward to fill that space. Interesting to note that as soon as Kelly came in, he moved forward into that space and got the assist for Solanke's goal, which makes me think the tactic was dictated by personnel on the pitch.
Interesting observations.

3 thoughts:

1. We know Kerkez has struggled to complete 90 minutes in the first half of the season so maybe he is told to conserve energy more now or was struggling after the late challenge on him in the first half?

2. Kelly’s fantastic cross was something he used to do when he first appeared as a left back but lately he has been less attacking in the full back position. Think GON preferred that but I think AI played him like that too.

3. Generally, I have been surprised how little our full backs have bombed forward under AI except when dango and (to a lesser extent) Aarons play there. As mentioned above, Kelly is often deep while Smith hasn’t the legs to keep doing that albeit has had a really good season. I think Eddie was more effective with full backs as an attacking threat

@Matt Stevenson: have you got some heat maps that prove/reject the above?

;