AFC Bournemouth v Fulham

Personally, I see this week as pivotal in our season, at close of play next Saturday we'll have played 2 home games and 1 away at a fellow "9er". We'll know much more about Gary O'Neil and the players. If we're to stay up, for me, it's got to be more "Liverpool" than "Villa". Do that and they'll have the 12th man all around them, carrying them home : )

It's that time in the season when fortune favours the brave and we all need to be "at it" from kick off until the 8th minute of 6 added on : )

Ps. It's should be "Brooksie's" home return to the Premier League tomorrow, let's go over the top emotionally and make it a match to remember : )

The tough decision tomorrow is that one of either, Traore, Rothwell, Billing or Tavernier is going to have to miss out. I don’t think you can drop Dango as although he is very hit and miss, he’s the only one we have who has really created anything of note in recent weeks. I also think we need Traore and Tav in the team too though and it would be a bit crazy to drop our top goal scorer so Billing also needs to play! Unfortunately, as munch as I like him and I think he’s been one of our better players, I think Rothwell might have to be content with a place on the bench this weekend. I’d like to see:

Neto
Smith Zabarnyi Senesi Kelly
Dango Billing Lerma Tavernier
Traore
Solanke

Really try to take the game to them. Is there also a world in which Tavernier could play as a very attack left back with Traore on the left wing, with Billing moved forward to make space for Rothwell?

Really is suddenly an embarrassment of riches. There will certainly be some candidates to come on after 60 minutes, and this is one where GON is going to have to get his plan and tactics absolutely right. Has to have something in the tank if we need a goal in the final 1/4 of time.

The tough decision tomorrow is that one of either, Traore, Rothwell, Billing or Tavernier is going to have to miss out. I don’t think you can drop Dango as although he is very hit and miss, he’s the only one we have who has really created anything of note in recent weeks. I also think we need Traore and Tav in the team too though and it would be a bit crazy to drop our top goal scorer so Billing also needs to play! Unfortunately, as munch as I like him and I think he’s been one of our better players, I think Rothwell might have to be content with a place on the bench this weekend. I’d like to see:

Neto
Smith Zabarnyi Senesi Kelly
Dango Billing Lerma Tavernier
Traore
Solanke

Really try to take the game to them. Is there also a world in which Tavernier could play as a very attack left back with Traore on the left wing, with Billing moved forward to make space for Rothwell?
I think you're pretty close to what we'll see tomorrow, but would wager that Stephens will keep his place for now with Zabarnyi coming on when we inevitably go to 3 at the back at some point! Looking forward to seeing Zabarnyi play at some point.

I am excited and terrified in equal measure. Moreover, I don’t think anyone can possibly call which way it is going to go. Hey ho, hold tight and enjoy the ride folks.

I think you're pretty close to what we'll see tomorrow, but would wager that Stephens will keep his place for now with Zabarnyi coming on when we inevitably go to 3 at the back at some point! Looking forward to seeing Zabarnyi play at some point.
Stephens was very poor Vs Villa. He has been decent generally but I feel that he’s been slightly overhyped, I think Mepham is a very similar standard to him and also has a bit more mobility about him

Stephens lack of pace was exposed at Villa. If Zabarnyi is fully fit, he has to start.

Stephens lack of pace was exposed at Villa. If Zabarnyi is fully fit, he has to start.

when was Zabarnyi's last game?
no way he's going to start and cant really see him coming off the bench unless we need to go seven at the back for the last 10 minutes
meps played both games for wales and they didn't do too badly....that's if we've suddenly written off stephens after one bad game, of course

Last edited:
when was Zabarnyi's last game?
no way he's going to start and cant really see him coming off the bench unless we need to go seven at the back for the last 10 minutes
meps played both games for wales and they didn't do too badly....that's if we've suddenly written off stephens after one bad game, of course
Written him off? Who’s spouting hyperbole now?

Suggesting that another player in the squad should perhaps start over Stephens today is not ‘writing him off,’ in the same way that suggesting that Stephens should start isn’t writing off Mepham or Zabarnyi. All have something to offer, and there is an argument to be made that if the other guys don’t get an opportunity after the Villa performance, than when are they going to get an opportunity? (Unless we go three at the back, which lets be honest, we shouldn’t do as it doesn’t work for us)

I think partly our team may be chosen on how far some of our players had to travel during the international break and how many minutes of football they played.

Written him off? Who’s spouting hyperbole now?

Suggesting that another player in the squad should perhaps start over Stephens today is not ‘writing him off,’ in the same way that suggesting that Stephens should start isn’t writing off Mepham or Zabarnyi. All have something to offer, and there is an argument to be made that if the other guys don’t get an opportunity after the Villa performance, than when are they going to get an opportunity? (Unless we go three at the back, which lets be honest, we shouldn’t do as it doesn’t work for us)

sorry, stephens being overhyped not written off, didn't mean to upset you
so you're expecting expecting zabarnyi to start today......seriously?

talking of hyerbole, three at the back worked to perfection at notts forest for 45 minutes

;