AFC Bournemouth v Huddersfield Town

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/116427/town-bournemouth?page=10

Halifaxterrier1 (glory-hunting-nobhead) days:

'Billionaire owner, big area to develop etc, nice beach and good weather in summer. They've flouted FFP before too. Would I rather be in their position, their history etc? No, they're absolute shite and when the owner sells up, divorces or gets bored, good luck to them then'

Why do so many of these so-called fans, think Demin is a 'billionaire'
Max has a net worth, lower than than the owner of Huddersfield Town. Billionaire in Turkish Lira perhaps.
Maybe because it makes them feel better when we hand their team their asses. I wouldn’t worry about it. He clearly knows nothing about us nor our owner, so his opinion on these matters counts for sh*t :thumbup:

He isn’t the first and won’t be the last. Just rise above it :finger:

Halifaxterrier1 (glory-hunting-nobhead) says:

'Billionaire owner, big area to develop etc, nice beach and good weather in summer. They've flouted FFP before too. Would I rather be in their position, their history etc? No, they're absolute shite and when the owner sells up, divorces or gets bored, good luck to them then'

Max has a net worth, lower than than the owner of Huddersfield Town. Billionaire in Turkish Lira perhaps.
Forget trying to educate people from Yorkshire. They either know it all, or know fook all.

Halifaxterrier1 (glory-hunting-nobhead) says:

Replying to my own post :cool:

Then there's this:

£bn owner , a squad worth approx £200m ? ...it's just a mismatch of the relative wealth of the ownership. You could do that with any club if you were so minded...even Emley could be in the PL, playing in front of 5,000 fans...So yes, our players weren't as good as theirs, our players don't have that extra oomph that they have... if there was some 'lack of effort' from our lads you might wonder if it was a case of not risking injury in a game we were never going to win. If it weren't for the rules I'm sure Carlos would have put out a reserves team.

Any Town followers reading this board, you might take a look at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs#EFL_Championship

and perhaps peruse the actuality of the situation.

Anybody from North Stand Chat wandering through, might like to think on these figures too.

Any Town followers reading this board, you might take a look at

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_owners_of_English_football_clubs#EFL_Championship

and perhaps peruse the actuality of the situation.

Anybody from North Stand Chat wandering through, might like to think on these figures too.

Christ on a bike ! We are not just Tinpot. We are Tinpot and poor !
Frankly I’d be too embarrassed to wear the replica shirt of such a bargain basement football club, if we didn’t happen to be unbeaten this season and strolling our way towards the Premier League.
I know. I‘m shallow and a glory hunter. Sue me ! ;)

It’s not how much they are worth these owners, it’s about how much they are prepared/spent on their relative clubs.

MD came in to our club and put his money into it, he has then stayed out of the limelight and we can be thankful we have him as our owner.

Another one from their forum.

Very much as ACW has written.

There was no lack of effort from the players. In essence, there is not the quality throughout the team and, more signifcantly, there appears to be no game plan. Bournemouth certainly deserved to win. To any Cherries fans reading this, your side is playing much better football now under Scott Parker than it ever did under Eddie Howe. Moreover, they are a quicker, sharper and cleaner (note) side than under Howe.

Bournemouth have a confident striker who scores goals. They have an excellent playmaker in Billing. I was pleased he played well after the stupid dog's abuse he was given some Town "yoofs". Even some old farts sitting near me were equally critical. Gary Cahill was also very good, and they use the wings well.

How Town could do with a sharp striker! For all their industry, Campbell and Ward are no longer up to it. Sinani flatters to deceive. Thomas looks tired. His set pieces were poor. I suspect, however, he could have played better at RB than the hapless Turton. I can't say (without a replay) if the penalty was justified, but Turton frequently forgot that his principal role is to mark the winger! He looks frightened. Toffolo played well in the second half, but too late (he got hauled back badly in the first).

Nicholls stood little chance with the goals. But what are his goal kicks about? Now get this - Matty Pearson heads for the right wing from goal kicks nearly every time, and Nicholls doesn't kick the ball towards him. Pearson was adequate. Lees wasn't too bad at all, and Naby Sarr was, well, Naby-like. A stupid thoughtless corner here, a superb ball down the wing there.... But he was creative, and I would have taken Turton off and not him.

O'Brien and Hogg tried hard, but gave the ball away a bit and they were beaten often by quick flicks. Too clever and fast for them.

Best player for Town. Duane Holmes. Why didn't he start?

I agree with most posters here: a fox in the box striker and a creative midfielder in the January sales, please. Oh - and a clear plan and style from the manager.

This is a great post from Down at the Mac. You have to admire Hudds fans for their humour.

"LOTS OF POINTING BUT NO POINTS!

I don't think I've seen a game with so much pointing. Perhaps Town practice this in training. Now we know that Hoggy is a great pointer, but everyone was at it today. In fact at one point (no pun intended) Hoggy was pointing with both arms simultaneously. As a fan I view this as a dereliction of duty... the pointer is not concentrating on the player he is facing, but at what might happen which is outwith his control. Just concentrate on closing down or tackling the opposition player you are up against and trust your colleagues. The only player that wasn't pointing was Sorba Thomas who either had his hands over his face or stretched out wide like Jesus of Nazareth!

Town really went at them with 20-25 minutes to go. I don't know whether this is a good or a bad thing. Does it show spirit at 3-0 down, or is it that they have forgotten the manager's instructions and decide to throw his rubbish tactics to the wind and take it into their own hands?

Today, a Sam Allardice or similar would have said at his pre-match team talk, get into them and put a few challenges in... upset their rhythm. Unfortunately the players were too busy concentrating on CC's tactical plan which included lots of pointing."

Dave why is Christie not a choice, he would be my MOM even though Solanke scored the two goals?
:)
He was 4th on the whoscored rankings, but opted for a "someone else" option as last time out someone complained there wasn't that option when I'd just given a choice of four...

He was 4th on the whoscored rankings, but opted for a "someone else" option as last time out someone complained there wasn't that option when I'd just given a choice of four...

Ok, thanks.

All about opinions, but I thought Christie had another very good game, but so did the others, we are really playing as a team and as Scott Parker said, we will get better.

DJ you need to keep everyone happy all of the time. ;)

Reactions: DJ
Ok, thanks.

All about opinions, but I thought Christie had another very good game, but so did the others, we are really playing as a team and as Scott Parker said, we will get better.

He did very well, from either inside or wide he's been excellent. Quickly becoming a favourite not just for his phenomenal number of assists, but his work rate, closing down, harassing etc he's a delight to watch.

I've just been doing the man of the match polls based on the stat site, ironically to avoid arguments. :)

I couldn’t decide yesterday who was MOM. I’m still undecided today. Really difficult one to call I thought.

With Parkerball we don’t tend to have stand out candidates as we are (thankfully) less reliant on individuals turning it on and are more of a team.

I note cows also picked the same three options.

I admit that I haven't looked, but were there any comments about Billing's development since he came down south? I did hear a few boos from the away crowd, but not a lot. Maybe he's old news by now?

;