AFC Bournemouth v Leeds United - 5 Games To Go

He has genuinely been very good since the turn of the year. Surprised me in fact. However, he does still have the same old weakness around goal.

If Tavernier is out then we've lost his goal threat, and if Smith replaces him then we're looking short of players that can score on the pitch.

Depends on our game plan. If it's try and contain Leeds then pick them off when they start to panic (assuming we keep them out), he has a lot to offer. However, if we want to take the game to Leeds we need someone else with a goal threat on the pitch.

I suppose we could try Anthony in the Tavernier role but I don't think he's ever looked that great on the right.

If we change the formation then there are more options to keep Christie in the starting XI.

You seem to want Christie left out no matter how well he does. In my opinion an absolute first 11 pick at the moment but sure you’ll find a reason to argue for him to be dropped.
Yeh the reason is that he worked himself inTo the ground on Thursday. Don’t be so precious. I’m advocating for him to be rested, not dropped due to poor form.

A lot of players looked spent at the end of saints game and, with only 2 and 1/2 days rest, I wouldn’t be upset with 442 against a leeds team with a shaky defence so start with Moore and Dom upfront; billing with lerma in centre; with Anthony and dango on wings. Kieffer can help defend corners too!

Gnoto is arguably even better, we are going to have big issues if he gets isolated against Smith with space to attack into. I really feel that the back three is the way to go again, but we will see.

Luckily for us Gracia doesn't seem to rate Gnonto, he just comes off the bench, if at all. He has played a total of 23 minutes across last 3 games (plus whatever injury time those games had)

I’ve looked at the last 4 league games for Leeds. Three were at home (C Palace, Liverpool and Leicester) with one away (Fulham). They picked up 1 point from these games which must be a disappointment when there were two teams in the bottom nine, and Fulham who are without Mitrovic and possibly on the beach. It could have been worst though, as xG suggests it could easily have been no points. Leeds have scored 4 goals and conceded 14, whereas xG predicted 4.88 and 9.75. Our xG over the previous four games in 5.93 for and 5.85 against.

GoalsxG.JPG

The average positions of the starting line-ups are below. We only have one away game to look at, where Leeds had many men averaging around the centre line. In the home games it looks like Leeds favoured attacking down the right-hand side often with Harrison which may affect whether we play with a four (with the more defensive Kelly at left back) or a 5 (with the attacking Vina and Kelly covering). However, many decision regarding our line up may be determined by niggles and the need for rest. You would imagine Leeds have to push for a win, with Man City (A), Newcastle (H) W Ham (A) and Spurs (H) to come, but the same would have been true versus Fulham and Leicester.

Av Positions.JPG

Leeds have had 2 different scorers (Sinisterra with 2 and Bamford with 1) and an own goal. Assists have been provided by Aaronson, Bamford and Harrison (and one with no assist). Sinisterra has been ruled out for the season.

Leeds have had 47 goal attempts (7 of them big chances) in the four games, with 43% coming from set pieces. They have conceded 57 goal attempts (13 of them big) with 28% of chances being from set pieces. For comparison, we have had 59 goal attempts (8 of them big chances). We have conceded 67 goal attempts (7 of them big) with 31% from set pieces. Leeds have averaged 40% possession and AFCB 51% possession (which is an upturn from earlier in the season).

This game has some serious edges to it..so it has.

Weve only beaten the buggers once 4-1...a glorious night of revenge....one of my last games at DC..my God did I love that !

Since that they even managed to do the double on us in our Title winning Championship season.

But this is so different with them as slight underdogs...yes Leeds...subservient to Boscombe !
But we have to make that count...counting lots of goals even....
The major worry is with them...although it still qualifies as a six - pointer...just.

This will be a very interesting game tomorrow.

Leeds have a very decent attack (if Gnoto plays) that could definitely hurt us. They can however be got at defensively (if Wober is injured.) On paper you’d have to say they have more quality than we do, but to be in the position that they are something must have gone wrong along the way.

Leeds have a very decent attack (if Gnoto plays) that could definitely hurt us. They can however be got at defensively (if Wober is injured.) On paper you’d have to say they have more quality than we do, but to be in the position that they are something must have gone wrong along the way.
Just for the record is that better than the Forest attack? Asking for a friend :fish:

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Gnonto is a nice little player, but has played 220 minutes in their last 10 games. He did have a run of starts prior to that, 7 in fact, and scored 2 goals and 0 assists.

Does anyone in the bottom 5 have less quality than the Cherries? On recent posts, certainly not Forest, Everton, Leicester .... and now Leeds.

It has reached the point now where I am thinking that he is deliberately parodying his old self.
There can frankly be no other plausible explanation.
It is truly a magnificent performance. I've come to the point where I hope he stays around under KK next year. Although, I suspect that he might have already "birthed" a new persona on here.

A lot of players looked spent at the end of saints game and, with only 2 and 1/2 days rest, I wouldn’t be upset with 442 against a leeds team with a shaky defence so start with Moore and Dom upfront; billing with lerma in centre; with Anthony and dango on wings. Kieffer can help defend corners too!
At least they can’t blame travelling long distance home knackered them our, or did they fly home from Southampton to Bournmemouth

It is truly a magnificent performance. I've come to the point where I hope he stays around under KK next year. Although, I suspect that he might have already "birthed" a new persona on here.
Maybe he’s been arguing with himself to put everyone off the scent. That would be truly cunning!

As I was walking with Carley around the training pitch in Kings Park this morning, I could hear the First Team training, as could Carley. We looked at one another, as only two lovers can do, and both smiled at the loud laughter and banter from the other side of the hedge, as the ball was repeatedly thumped hard into the net. The relaxed yet aggressive notes came as a real relief to us both. I threw the ball, which Carley caught in the air on the bounce, and we both knew at that very moment, that Leeds are going to take a pasting. Don't trust me, trust mans best friend, trust Carley.

;