AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

Yes, on SportsNet here, unfortunately one of their premium services as the base service has Luton-Man City. But, as pointed out by Kenya, when it's broadcast this widely, you can usually find a reliable stream.
It's on BBC iPlayer I think so if you have a VPN it won't be difficult to watch.

There is potential for Enzo Maresca to hand out more Leicester City debuts when he takes his team to Bournemouth for the FA Cup fifth round.

Maresca has said he could change all 11 players on the south coast, and if he is to do so, he may have to call on some of the club’s development squad. He’s not afraid to hand out debuts, with Jakub Stolarczyk, Ben Nelson, Tawanda Maswanhise, Arjan Raikhy, and Brandon Cover all handed their first appearances for the club by the Italian.

Among the development squad talents spotted in City training ahead of the trip to the Vitality Stadium were Raikhy, forward Silko Thomas, a trio of midfielders in Henry Cartwright, Oli Ewing, and Logan Briggs, as well as winger Wanya Marcal. He is probably the most likely to get a start, having had more senior experience and with Kasey McAteer doubtful.

I don’t blame them given a tricky run of games. However, is this a bluff or just trying to get AI to rest some of his stars?

I don’t blame them given a tricky run of games. However, is this a bluff or just trying to get AI to rest some of his stars?
Just watched his presser. Doesn't sound like a bluff.
Seems like even if he plays his best "2nd XI" he will have kids on the bench. Whereas we can make 4/5 changes and have quality on the bench just in case.
Odds on us are obviously contracting on this news.
Backed us to win on the handicap goals -2 at 4/1.

The Coppa d’Italia is not a prestige trophy. So it wouldn’t surprise me if an Italian manager played a bunch of kids so as to focus on the league, especially off the back of two successive defeats.

Interesting call. Do we play a really strong team to try and blow them away by half time or do we trust our fringe players to be good enough? Not something I’d be happy deciding.

We will need to put out a strong team for this one...or we exit the Cup...it's ..well its as simple that...
....I think we go through though. . because we are not Howe or Parker who both didn't give a sh*t about the FA Cup...the Worlds greatest tournament.
Howe is a very good manager...but will never be a great one ...due to this flaw !

I can see us in at least a Semi - Final with this team ...assuming every player takes it seriously enough !

Last edited:
The Coppa d’Italia is not a prestige trophy. So it wouldn’t surprise me if an Italian manager played a bunch of kids so as to focus on the league, especially off the back of two successive defeats.

Interesting call. Do we play a really strong team to try and blow them away by half time or do we trust our fringe players to be good enough? Not something I’d be happy deciding.
I think we should start with our strongest side- possibly bar one or two, and maybe sub early if the game’s under control. Really hope he doesn’t do an Eddie and let Leicester mug us. Hopefully he’s learned from Swansea and QPR. I don’t want another Burton, Wigan or bloody Boreham Wood- that’d do more harm than good in the prep for Burnley.

I'm reliably informed by someone who was at the Hilton when Leicester arrived last night that 10 of the regular squad never travelled and they had been replaced by Academy lads.

I'm reliably informed by someone who was at the Hilton when Leicester arrived last night that 10 of the regular squad never travelled and they had been replaced by Academy lads.
How would he know that, is he familiar with their squad lol

I have a stomach churning feeling that Leicester will be too strong for us on the night. We will be rotating (of which is wise). However, a lot our our fringe players have not had a lot of minutes and may well be puffing like a steam engine before half time. Look what happened against Swansea. We went 0-2 down. Leicester are a PL team temporarily playing in the Championship. They will certainly not be push overs.

Last edited:
I have a stomach churning that Leicester will be too strong for us on the night. We will be rotating (of which is wise). However, a lot our our fringe players have not had a lot of minutes and may well be puffing like a steam engine before half time. Look what happened against Swansea. We went 0-2 down. Leicester are a PL team temporarily playing in the Championship. They will certainly not be push overs.
maybe try some imodium

I have a stomach churning that Leicester will be too strong for us on the night. We will be rotating (of which is wise). However, a lot our our fringe players have not had a lot of minutes and may well be puffing like a steam engine before half time. Look what happened against Swansea. We went 0-2 down. Leicester are a PL team temporarily playing in the Championship. They will certainly not be push overs.
Whilst I'd be cautious of LCFC manager statements and predictions about making wholesale changes (sounds a bit like playing down your hand to me), you know as well as I do that BOTH teams will rotate to some extent. Both teams will want to look at some fringe players, for better or worse.

By all means take 'PL in all but name' opposition seriously, but let's not over do it!

The last time and only the second time we have reached the Quarterfinal.

If we do win tonight, maybe it will be third time lucky for the Cherries and we get to the semi-finals for the first time.

;