AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

Would keeping Udal on have been worth the risk? Really poor poor finishing from others.
Lame performances from Scott, Billing, Tav, Semenyo, Dango in particular. All looked leggy and couldn't hit a barn door with shots blazed everywhere but where they should be. A very disappointing evening.

Very embarrassing performance. Andoni got it very wrong today, not having Dom in the team at all was a mistake especially after taking Unal off at HT and leaving us without a striker for the rest of the match. Billing and Tavenier look shadows of themselves last season. How Billing wasn’t taken off I’ll never know. Kluivert should have come on way earlier in the second half, he’s was the only player running most of the time.

The last few games have been appalling compared to pre-Christmas. I think we have to recall Rothwell and Brookes from loan. Our midfield has zero depth now with Rothwell gone. We saw today that Scott cannot play a deeper role and Billing clearly has lost interest. As much as I like Semenyo, Dango and Tav none of them are what you’d call goal scorers, whereas Brookes is, I understand his frustration in game time but letting him leave was criminal.

Have to win at Burnley on Sunday or else we might have to seriously consider being dragged into the relegation fight. Hopefully the boys will learn from their mistakes today and we can put a strong performance in and get our season going again!

So so bad. Doubt Billing will be here next season, can barely be arsed to press. Cant remember the last time Tav did something that came off and Semenyo looks so much better out wide than trying to play the striker role. Only one of them that looked to try and play with any sort of pace and intensity was Kluivert.
Burnley is the start of a run of games we should be getting points from, but if we play like that and are still not scoring goals, the bottom 3 will be closer than we would like.

Effort there , quality not..

Still puzzled as to why we sent Brooks on loan and recalled Flaivre .. can't see him being up to standard going forward either ..
Also Billing seems like the old Billing tonight.. such a strange player , one game outstanding , the next 10 seems like can't be bothered imo!

Cook outstanding tonight..

Semenyo class ..

Smith kept going..

Zabarnyi excellent..

Such a wasted chance to make history I felt , had a feeling we would get the the quarters at least .. we are a premier league Club , we need to be getting much further in these cups competitions !!.

Thank god we have Burnley at the weekend. That was the game that kick-started our run.

Shame they won't be in the same league as us next season. (On tonights showing, you never know though) They are the reset team we need.
I think they'll be thinking they can beat us after tonight's showing. It's up to Andoni to get the boys back up and running, so that we beat them.

Last edited:
If you could look at it dispassionately, our finishing was comical. I can only imagine what neutrals watching must have thought.

The problem is how to fix a team wide brain freeze in front of goal. Is that training pitch repetition, video work, rest?

We play the Championship leaders who have hardly lost any this season ..good defence...and we leave out our main striker....and Christie our best player not on until 73rd minute !

Oh well bye bye Wembley for another year.

Is there a Quieter Crowd between Lands End and John o' Groats ? (Apart from:The Saints Library )

Tinpot Evening.... that after the Man City performance !

Resting players ....what a Crock of Sh*t !

Last edited:
Thank god we have Burnley at the weekend. That was the game that kick-started our run.

Shame they won't be in the same league as us next season. (On tonights showing, you never know though) They are the reset team we need.
Very worried about playing Burnley now. Even if we play well we are all fart and no poo

When Unal went off we had no presence up front, once Senesi went off we lost our shape and any fluidity we had. Never looked like scoring. Tavernier needs something to come off for him, he is so short of confidence and ends up thinking too much rather than just letting it happen. Billing doesn't fit our team/style of play anymore and offers nothing in it.

We play the Championship leaders who have hardly lost any this season ..good defence...and we leave out our main striker....and Christie our best player not on until 73rd minute !

Is there a Quieter Crowd between Lands End and John o' Groats ? (Apart from:The Saints Library )

Resting players ....what a crock of Sh*t !
And not resting others...

Resting players ....what a crock of Sh*t !
Our atmosphere has always been our stumbling block. I'm leaving the game with two sounds ringing in my ears... collective sighs and the great Leicester chanting.

Main/East stands should be embarrassed of themselves. Its never never ever been good enough in those stands of plastics, elderly and kids.

;