AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

He just didn’t look up for it. He was slow and laboured but to be fair he wasn’t the only one. I hate to do it but I have to question our manager here. Did he tell them to take it easy and not get injured or booked? I know I’m speculating but something went badly wrong out there tonight.

I don't agree that Semenyo wasn't up for it. He did struggle centrally but caused them trouble from wider positions. Shite finishing and final decision making though like everyone else.

The number 9 should be doing that more often than not and to be fair Unal did but Semenyo really didn't.

He was looking leggy in extra time but otherwise just a scapegoat IMO.
Me and several people around me must have been watching a different game as we all commented that Billing was our best player in the 1st half. Actually chased players back in midfield several times and won the ball back and was trying to move us forwards.
By end he was leggy, knackered and poor, probably after missing last 3 games, (from about 60 mins) and should have gone off.

Agree re Cook, Smith, Zab and Milos being up for it and decent - same for Christie when he came on.

Rest were a mixed bag but Scott was well off the pace.

Worrying that since we beat Fulham on Boxing day we have loads of shots/half chances but can't hit a barn door!

We're not miles off it but he needs to work out how to produce better chances in this system. Some of these players aren't proven finishers but even those with decent records in front of goal aren't looking like scoring.

Really disappointing. We should have been out of sight by half time but we can't hit a barn door at the moment. Why they take the black netting behind the goals down before KO is a mystery. It's a lot more dangerous sat behind the goals during the actual match

On the plus side we make lots of chances, on the negative side there's a reason Dom has scored a big % of our goals this season, also makes it easier for the opposition if they know the only one who can shoot properly is Dom.....

Me and several people around me must have been watching a different game as we all commented that Billing was our best player in the 1st half. Actually chased players back in midfield several times and won the ball back and was trying to move us forwards.
By end he was leggy, knackered and poor, probably after missing last 3 games, (from about 60 mins) and should have gone off.

Agree re Cook, Smith, Zab and Milos being up for it and decent - same for Christie when he came on.

Worrying that since we beat Fulham on Boxing day we have loads of shots/half chances but can't hit a barn door!
Shush, don't you know we have to scapegoat a player for no good reason

We might be many things, but one thing we ain't is clinical !!!
Andoni must be starting to get frustrated at the goal return for the quality of chances we create.

To be fair, when I saw no Christie, no Dom and Billing coming in, I did feel that we would struggle to score goals and so it came to pass.

Still, it was a very entertaining game and no lack of effort by the lads.
But we really need to improve our conversion rate if we want to get the results that our play probably deserves !

:utc:

He just didn’t look up for it. He was slow and laboured but to be fair he wasn’t the only one. I hate to do it but I have to question our manager here. Did he tell them to take it easy and not get injured or booked? I know I’m speculating but something went badly wrong out there tonight.

The buck stops with AI we all know that. The bloke probably doesn't have a scooby what the FA Cup means to some of us and I doubt he cares.

It's a difficult one, clearly the PL is our priority and he's managed to create a system and squad to tackle it for the moment at least.

I guess he couldn't do any homework on Leicester as they were a bit of a mess as well. It was just a piss poor game from two similar quality teams who aren't a million miles apart but who have the similar objectives. Us to stay up and them to go up.

The PL ruined this game - every other priority goes out the window as we're now stuck in the rut as we were with Eddie. Does that feed down to the players - without doubt.

I did hear on the BBC commentary, somebody in the crowd shouting "Billing you're a disgrace", which I thought was ridiculous.
He had a decent enough game and seemed to play with plenty of energy throughout. Occasionally he didn't get to a ball that he should have done, but he seems to always have "them moments" in a game.
I was happy enough with his performance tonight although I can understand why he is no longer a regular starter for us. He is a tough fit into Iraola's style of play. He can sort of do it, a bit. Sort of. An oval peg in a round hole, perhaps ?

Seems both teams need to get on the training ground and have shooting practice.

The game tonight had 49 shots, with 10 on target.

AFCB had 27 shots, 4 on target and Leicester City had 22 shots, 6 on target.

The winning goal came from a 19-year-old substitute, who scored a goal well worthy of winning a game, even if it was in our net.

I suppose we should realise that Leicester are essentially a PL club....a far bigger club...and have won the thing before..they came to Dean Court tonight expecting to Win...their animated fans certainly did and created all the atmosphere.. ..
...f√cking criminal and suicidal from our crowd...I felt embarrassed watching it on our big telly with my Brighton fan missus asking me why our crowd doesn't make a noise with the whole Nation watching it.

Burnley ..yes we know they are crap so far this season...but it's coming up to the March and April fixtures...and strange things happen !

Tonight was a bummer, a p*sser....don't think I've ever been so hacked off with a Boscombe result in the FA Cup...since the loss to Margate at DC during the 20th century.

Even Ed Thunderbird Howe got through on Pens....and he puts teams out especially to lose Cup games..

Dunno 'bout you lot....but this post is really p*ssing me off..and I guess stretching boundaries of what would be tolerated as a normality.
Won't blame anyone for shoving me on Ignore to tbh ....but I wanted to say it so there we go !

Last edited:

;