AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool

Must admit, wouldn’t mind to see and unchanged 11 tomorrow, I understand most will be annoyed to see a defensive line up at home but we have to admit it almost worked against arsenal. Liverpool thrashes Man U by getting them on the break. Therefore we can’t risk being caught outnumbered at the back with them on the counter. Could be a long game but we proved a threat against arsenal on the break and they have a much better defensive record than Liverpool. If we stay solid and are clinical on the break I believe we have a decent chance of points here, dare I say 3?

Liverpool aren’t great away this season, we have to use our home advantage and stick with the team tomorrow. Can’t let them scousers be the loudest in the stadium! The lads can do it, we just need to show them we believe! UTC

Must admit, wouldn’t mind to see and unchanged 11 tomorrow, I understand most will be annoyed to see a defensive line up at home but we have to admit it almost worked against arsenal. Liverpool thrashes Man U by getting them on the break. Therefore we can’t risk being caught outnumbered at the back with them on the counter. Could be a long game but we proved a threat against arsenal on the break and they have a much better defensive record than Liverpool. If we stay solid and are clinical on the break I believe we have a decent chance of points here, dare I say 3?

Liverpool aren’t great away this season, we have to use our home advantage and stick with the team tomorrow. Can’t let them scousers be the loudest in the stadium! The lads can do it, we just need to show them we believe! UTC

Personally think having these 3 games and then having an international break is a good oppprtunity to stick to the same formation for 3 games to keep us well drilled before we revert to back 4 for the rest of the season with more attacking threat through traore and tav.

On paper this game is probably 0-4, 1-4 or 0-3....
...but because it seems now that some teams/players just select what games they give a sh*t about and play accordingly....
That was evident with Manu's capitulation and then their result v Real Betis.
I don't believe managers have the influence they once had in previous decades.....the PL in this respect is really quite diseased...unsettled players...contract disputes..player power....'split' dressing rooms..(that bothers me most)...

I'm thinking that a Cherries animated, revenge- seeking assault from the kick - off....with as many of our pacy players selected as is practically possible...then I can just see a 2-1 victory .

But...If Gary goes ultra - defensive and fearful as a result of their 7 nil er v Manu .. and Scotty's 0-9 er....then we could be on the end of another whupping.

IF ..if he does go large on defence....the only way is to utilise a long- ball strategy with Moore up front....because fannying about fearfully in the midfield area of the pitch with Salah and Co sniffing for the lost balls...jeez Batman that won't be a good watch ..and therefore by-passing the midfield would be essential !

I'm a bit reluctant to mention this but Klopp must have vowed to himself after their 3-4 reverse at DC that he would
... "' never drop points at this place again ''...and punish us every goddamn time we plays 'em.
..however we did snatch a point at Anfield once after that ifirc.

Hey ..A Win for our Cherries today would have the likes of Everton and Leeds cacking their pants !
( St Mary's laundry staff have resigned !)

Talking of var, us and Liverpool are the only two Premier league teams not to be awarded a penalty this season. This doesn’t bode well.

Hopefully the Footsie Index, sorry I meant PL league table, will look a bit more favourable tonight for the portFoleyo ...sorry I meant The Cherries fortunes !

Talking of Money.
I've got a bet of £5, an Accumulator on ;

Bournemouth - Win 11/2. √. !!!
Leicester - Win 13/5
Spurs/ Forest - Draw 10/3
Barnsley/ Argyle - Draw 23/10
Fulham/Arsenal -Draw 11/4

Bonkers ! - placed after a few Friday lunchtime scoops !

Payout would be £6274.13

Last edited:
Interesting to see Kelly start over Vina, he’s had a while out to clear his head so hopefully he’s back to his actual best today. Hope I don’t hear any idiots singling him out today, yes he has a mistake in him and he is not my first choice either but it is what it is and he’s playing so let’s give him a chance to redeem himself

BBC website showing it as a 4-4-1-1. Excellent line-up with Kelly at left back where he may not be anywhere near as effectual as JZ going forward but is a whole lot more assured defensively which we'll need up against Trent AA.

Interesting to see Kelly start over Vina, he’s had a while out to clear his head so hopefully he’s back to his actual best today. Hope I don’t hear any idiots singling him out today, yes he has a mistake in him and he is not my first choice either but it is what it is and he’s playing so let’s give him a chance to redeem himself
He's a long way from my first choice as centre back but at left back........

The last game I miss for holiday but the selection of Brooks has cheered up my FOMO gloom completely. His first warm up will be a joy to watch. That’s twice in a month we’ve watched a bench dying for a sub to come on…. For polar opposite reasons.

;