AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - Wednesday 7.30 pm

As stated, Luton have raised their game. All they have to do now is sit back and simply see the game out. We have lost the game and now we only 8 points off the bottom three and we are, once again, looking over our shoulders.

I now feel fully vindicated in my assessment of what I thought was going to occur.
Congratulations! In the short time you’ve been on here you’ve already won the prestigious accolade of being the most clueless poster.

ok. It just seems like you’re less of a fan of Bournemouth. I guess supporting Bournemouth means different things to different people. You like GON more than you like Bournemouth. ok fine.
Not true...I like GON...I.like Andoni...I like Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic FC. ...I don't like 'Afcb' ....I don't like the Premiership/ PL... I dont like Elitism...I could go on all night with this.....

Big second half there… Huge, and loads of talking points, but I just want to call out Meps… stepped in having very few minutes under his belt, against two tough front lines in Sheff Utd and Luton, and didn’t put a foot wrong… Two great performances…

What a win… Haven’t seen scenes like that, after the 4th for a while…
Meps has been outstanding since he came in.
He oozes confidence when on the ball and looks extremely comfortable carrying it forward. It has gone under the radar somewhat but you are right, he has been flawless since he came back :thumbup:
He looks the most confident I’ve ever seen him. Long may it continue !

What a game. I thought we mostly outplayed them in the 1st half to be honest but they set up to counterattack and broke with pace and defended a lot better than we did, mainly because Dango looked totally out of his depth and was responsible for two of their goals. But what a reaction in the 2nd half. Fantastic.

Btw has anybody seen sarfender?

This performance doesnt exactly f√cking outrank GON's win at Spurs or the win v Liverpool ...or the sacking of Leeds and Saints to keep us Up last year.
Jesus £√cking Christ ...the elitist fan sh*t on this Forum beggars bloody belief !
We had to take a lesson from lowly Luton over 45 minutes !
Irrespective of the 'greatness' of Wolves 'galactic' players'..O'Neil has made a definite mark as a Manager and deserves better respect than the Crap he gets from some absolute f√cking dense morons on this Forum.
From this post alone it would indicate that you’re an elitist. How else should we interpret it?

Coming back from 3-0 at half time to win. Only 2 other teams have done that.
You are correct but that’s not what you said in your original post and 5, including us, have come back from three down to win in the Premier League . Leeds, Manchester United, Wimbledon, Wolves and us. Warning: There was top flight football before the Premier League.

Last edited:
Only saw first half and though we were not great I didnt think Luton were any better and def not 3 goals better. I thought sini looked dangerous and was disappointed when I saw he was subbed. our fullbacks were exposed and caught out too easily . Was not expecting a turn around like that. This is why the prem is great yes it has faults but it’s damn good watching compare to other main leagues

Being 4,000 miles away from the game adds a little more objectivity to any analysis of it. I was able to watch the game thanks to the magic of some technology, and like most of you I swayed from angry disappointment to elation.
Yes, we won the game and that is always important but the second half performance, for me at least, disguised the frailty of the first period.

I tend to agree with a couple of you that some players have eased off, thinking perhaps, that this will be easy - it is only Luton afterall! The first half was a lesson that arrogance and assumption is usually beaten by heart and determination.
This is exactly the same attitude which seemed to appear at the end of last season; the manager kicking you in the **************** or dropping you altogether should have addressed that before the game began. He seemed to do it at half-time, but no player should take the field thinking that all he has to do, is turn up and collect the points.

Yes, Luton have more to play for than does AFCB, but unless Andoni can sort out the dressing room attitude nothing will change - we will always be chasing games, and not always successfully.

Are we safe for another season, I think so, but if I was the owner that is not enough. I want players who one day will go toe to toe with the City, or the Pool or the Arsenals of the world with a solid chance to win. Talent is one thing, attitude is equally important and this squad is not quite there yet, in my opinion.

Having said all that, I like the manager's attitude, I would rather win 9 -8 than win 1-0, that is entertainment, that is why we / you guys pay 30 quid a game!

We do have a great deal of talent in this squad, I do not want Solanke to leave - it would have a profoundly negative impact on our style of play, Tavernier needs to better understand his role, several players need to learn how to effectively shoot from distance, but overall I like the way we play.
Let's return to the high press we started the season with, it looks as though we have retreated from that, and it hurts us.

Thanks for reading this.

;