AFC Bournemouth v Luton Town - Wednesday 7.30 pm

LOL you never come to games anymore do you?

Its difficult to tell...
Yeah I think everyone knows that by now ...I go to non -league.
...thats the Grass Roots Football ... recently Suedo - Elite 'AFCB' have voted against the Government Aid package of £900 Million to improve the lower ends of the pyramid.
Lets hope then that the Cherries don't tumble down the Divs ...when a lot more won't be 'going to games' anymore.

Last edited:
TLDR of the stats.

Despite the one-sidedness in goals the xGs weren’t that different. First half AFCB 0.77 Luton 1.44; second half AFCB 1.68 Luton 0.62

First game in which 5 AFCB players had xGs of 0.4 or over (Sinisterra , Solanke, Unal, Semenyo and Zabarnyi)

Make-shift left back Ouattara makes most defensive actions.

Doesn't even watch many on sky/Internet either!!
I do....about two thirds of those that are screened.
But tbh... doesn't matter if I do or don't.
There are loads of highlights available around the Online sites...to see the Goals and the build up to goals...which is ALL that really matters in my book.

But if you want to do responses to my posts that are about as entertaining as a bowl of three day old cold mushroom soup or the inside of an offshore anglers maggot tin or even a painting of Hitler playing golf...ok be happy in that !

Last edited:
I do....about two thirds of those that are screened.
But tbh... doesn't matter if I do or don't.
There are loads of highlights available around the Online sites...to see the Goals and the build up to goals...which is ALL that really matters in my book.

But if you want to do responses to my posts that are about as entertaining as a bowl of three day old cold mushroom soup or the inside of an offshore anglers maggot tin or even a painting of Hitler playing golf...ok be happy in that !

Sure thing. Thanks ;)

Worth a watch alternative view.

Two things that stand out.

Whatever the angle, our defending in the first half was beyond shocking, and we need to remember that just as much as the second half.

Dom's ball control for the first goal was sublime. didn't really notice it at the time.

Two things that stand out.

Whatever the angle, our defending in the first half was beyond shocking, and we need to remember that just as much as the second half.

Dom's ball control for the first goal was sublime. didn't really notice it at the time.
The Sky commentator and co commentator our old player Glenn Murray also ‘raved’ about it.

But as you say the alternative view shows it better and how much a class goal it was.

Solanke should have been on the score sheet in the previous game going on his record this season of never going more than two games without a goal in the league.

But last night’s goal was well worth waiting for.

Last edited:
Kermorgant might be a good comparison actually.

I dunno what it is about Ünal, but he's definitely got something about him. I think with a run of games he can be a proper goalscorer.
Think he is more mobile than Yann but links up well and will be headers so twice in last two games his headers have led to goals

Looks a decent signing

Reactions: Mdl
20 something hours later and we're still on cloud 9. There's great matches, great team performances, great individual skills, all memorable and keeps us interested. Then there's last night, that second half eclipses all that. Sometimes a match has all those ingredients, then something extraordinary and memorable happens.

The slow downward spiral of the first half, leaves you feeling stunned and gutted, the games over, at least it can't be worse second half, can it?

Skip forward to the 86th minute and Antoine Semenyo is charging towards us into the penalty area and BOOM, the ball's past the keeper before he can blink and we're, some unbelievable way, in front. It doesn't happen, it just doesn't happen. But I've just witnessed it and I'm in a swarm of delirious Cherries, jumping, punching the air, making the loudest noises we can. You can't imagine how it's going to feel when it happens and you can't plan your reaction. ABSOLUTELY DELIERIOUSLY ECSTATIC : )

It's a match like that that keeps you hooked : )

Wow that was quite the thing! Went straight to pub then fell asleep so a bit late to this party… can’t believe how anyone can end up arguing on a forum after a once in 21 year event but that’s some people I guess!

Reflections… it was a mistake to try and replicate a left side that did well against a Sheff U that were 2-0 up and not attacking and thinking it would work in a whole game. Not often Iraola gets things wrong but he did with that in my opinion especially as Luton’s right side is very strong. We were completely overran. Scott was really poor too he can’t seem to get into a game so we lost the midfield. Set piece management at both ends poor.

Half time saw Luton sit back, that with the introduction of the more physical Tavs made Dango look better, Unal did two things, played well himself and let Solanke drop to be far more physical and involved than Scott. This unsettled Luton.

In the first half Luton didn’t know how many they had to score but in the second half we did and that was the difference in the two half’s. Semenyo was outstanding and bullied them.. I liked the look of Adams on first glance tidy, calm and organising everyone.

I don’t know why people need to reference GON. Yes we wouldn’t have had a comeback like that with him but we wouldn’t have needed to because that Luton side wouldn’t have been 3-0 up against his low block. We can enjoy one managers win or wallow in defeat with no necessary meaning from previous regimes.

All in all… what a night. From despair to jubilation… that’s rock and roll football.
Agree, we should put the O'Neil thing to bed. Also agree on Scott - I don't think we've discovered his best position yet as he's looked a bit lost in a few games. Maybe it's just a settling thing and next pre-season may sort that out.

;