AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United - 2 Games To Go

The way I see this game.........a team representing Boscombe went up there earlier in the the season and lost 3-0.....so we have to go out tomorrow and go for a 4-0 revenge...that's how my mind works.
1-0 will do but ideally 4-0 ..that should be the players intent.End of.

Here’s how I see it going on Saturday:

The pre-match music/lightshow/scoreboard montage is ramped up to epic proportions, culminating in the emergence of gold larmay cloaked players from a giant plastic lion's mouth surrounding the tunnel entrance.
Mike Botto (dressed as a circus ringleader) reads out the team, leaving Jefferson Lerma to the very end, at which point Bill Foley jetpacks into the centre circle holding a diamond-studded 5 year contract which Jeff signs. This is broadcast live for all to see on the new Jumbotron screens perched on top of each stand, erected only that morning by Jim Frevola and a gang of 'volunteers' press-ganged from the Westbourne and Brasshaus pubs).

The game kicks off and Utd soon take the lead from Luke Shaw’s first career headed goal following an inswinging corner from crowd favourite Bruno Fernandes. There is a 5 minute VAR check before the goal is finally confirmed and a multitude of bucket-hatted meercats pop up and down again from all sides of the ground. As the first half draws to a close, Jeff celebrates his new contract by drilling a rebound narrowly over the bar into the nearby athletics stadium, and, following another VAR check, is sent off.

There is a brief interlude, during which assorted mud-arsed tipsy blokes with flat soled shoes pick themselves up off the wet grass after mistaking the advertising hoardings for the crossbar, before the second half begins.

A rousing 45 minutes sees the Cherries run rampant, taking a 10-1 lead into added time, with each of the players (except Christie) bagging themselves a goal. With the game effectively over, Chris Kavanagh receives a WhatsApp message from Howard Webb authorising him to issue Bournemouth with this seasons penalty. As a farewell gesture, Junior Stanislas is sent on to take the penalty, but has to go off again after hurting himself as Dom hands him the ball. The ref blows for full time.

Matt Ritchie is named the ‘Michel Matthews Man of the match’, and all is good in the world for another season.

if and only if we are 3-0 down and the game is gone then maybe we might get our first pen or VAR decision.
Jeff will be wearing one of those broken nose masks tomorrow

Updates on team news from both camps.

Also during the press conference the question came up about how Gary O’Neil’s chat with Howard Webb went. Webb agreed he thought it should have been a red card for the Palace player involved with the incident with Jefferson Lerma and was surprised it was missed.

O’Neil told the media: “Antoine has had surgery so he will be out until next season.

“We’re hopeful he gets back and can have a decent little spell with the team before the season starts but it will depend on how quickly he recovers.

“Everything went well and we’re hoping he has a speedy recover because he can be a big help again for us next season.”

O’Neil also confirmed Hamed Traorè had “trained fully nearly all week but will not be involved tomorrow”.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/press-conferences/oneil-speaks-to-media-ahead-of-united/?autoPlay=true

First of all, on the injury front with Marcus [Rashford], Rapha Varane and Scott McTominay, are they available this weekend?

"It's positive on Varane, [he’s] definitely available. Scott, [he’s] joining in training, I think if the final training [session] goes well, he'll be in. Also, Rashy, he trained the whole week but today he reported he doesn't feel well, so he's ill. We have to see how he recovers during the day and then see tomorrow."

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ag-press-conference-for-bournemouth-v-man-utd

I see the presentations of various award winners will be made after the game tomorrow, think before they were before the game.

I remember him going off injured after taking a free kick - against Burnley?

It is all very well saying put him on the bench - perhaps we should check there aren't splinters first :D
I don't care what physical issues he may or may not have. I hope he never wears a Bournemouth shirt again and leaves our club ASAP. Any benefit that he has been to the club is totally irrelevant. Another player presumably would have contributed just as much. He has taken up a squad place for too long and the club were wrong to renew his contract before. His injury record is beyond ridiculous

I totally agree, but sentiment and football rarely go hand in hand. Loved one minute, hated the next. B
Well, certainly not hated by me

You say it was ridiculous for the club to renew his contract last time….why? His injury record up to that point wasn’t as terrible as you make out, he’d played a decent number of games and was a quality player. I don’t recall too many at the time saying we should get rid, it’s easier in hindsight, isn’t it?

When he was fit he was an exceptional player.

The last years contract was a risk, which didn't pay off.

Had he been fit for half the season he would have had a major impact.

Sad to see him on the treatment table permanently and at his age it's not a good sign.

He was a very good player, perhaps worth the risk that didn't pay off.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Junior? Hated? No way, very talented player, very very unfortunate with injuries. The club took a chance on him for his last contract, unfortunately it hasn't worked out for either party, believe me, crap happens in life. Can't/don't hate people for not being fit : )

Junior also gives off-field support to some of the club's younger supporters. In his spare time, not organised by the club for photo opportunities but because he's a genuinely nice guy : )

;