AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United - Saturday 5.30 pm

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Didn’t actually realise I was saying anything controversial. It’s actual fact, the hand ball law has been changed to facility VAR, to make decisions matter of fact.

Do I want decisions like that in the game? Obviously not, I thought that was pretty evident.

Didn’t actually realise I was saying anything controversial. It’s actual fact, the hand ball law has been changed to facility VAR, to make decisions matter of fact.

Do I want decisions like that in the game? Obviously not, I thought that was pretty evident.
The ref gave the penalty.

It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to somehow equate a ball defecting onto a shoulder as somehow being the fault of VAR.

Not really. By the letter of the law, it’s the correct decision.

This is a consequence of everyone that wanted VAR and binary decisions. The anal-retentive types that couldn’t bare common sense in the game or the idea of human error by managers, players and officials alike.

The letter of the law!!?! What letter of the law..the one about it hitting his upper arm? The one about him with his arm by its side? They litrally didnt give a penalty for someone doing an impression of christ the redeemer recently... Webb said he was pointing so the arm was in a natural position..

Oh and the ref gave it. Nothing to do with VAR this one.

Last edited:
Not really. By the letter of the law, it’s the correct decision.

This is a consequence of everyone that wanted VAR and binary decisions. The anal-retentive types that couldn’t bare common sense in the game or the idea of human error by managers, players and officials alike.
We wanted VAR to over-rule homer refs who were shite scarred to over-rule a big home crowd!

However rhe ref in charge of VAR could well find himself on the receiving end of the ref he is reviewing the following week, so he won't over-rule because he himself could face the same ref he is reviewing and big home crowd the very next week!

Well that was entertaining and why we love watching Andoni Iraola’s style of football.

AFCB should have had all three points and done the double over United on our display today, especially the first half.

Good to see Senesi back in the team again today and he provided both assists for our goals.

The first from Solanke who at last has broken Josh King’s record for goals in a Premier League season.

The second from Kluivert.

The stats were very much in our favour with AFCB having 20 shots, 5 on target against United’s 8 shots, 2 on target.

The Dean Court crowd were great as well and got right behind our team.

11,229 at Dean Court today, our largest crowd of the season, beating the Liverpool game by 1.

As for our late penalty call.

Last edited:
The ref gave the penalty.

It takes a lot of mental gymnastics to somehow equate a ball defecting onto a shoulder as somehow being the fault of VAR.

The law was changed to facilitate the use of VAR, this is fact, as discussed at the time. No need for any mental gymnastics, it’s binary as was its intent.

It’s daft, I loath it, but it’s a consequence of VAR’s introduction.

I hope the detour for the MU coach to drop off the ref isn't too much out of their way. No complaints with Smith's penalty but overall the ref was a typical top 6 ref and played to the fact MU are allergic to yellow.

The law was changed to facility the use of VAR, this is fact, as discussed at the time. No need for any mental gymnastics, it’s binary as was its intent.

It’s daft, I loath it, but it’s a consequence of VAR’s introduction.
I must be behind the curve regarding the hand ball law.....doesn't the player have to have had made his body bigger with the use of his arm?.....players are told to keep their arms by their side for that reason aren't they?

At first (watching on TV) I couldn't even see the handball. Watching the replay from one of the cameras on the side, though, he does have his arm out and almost even leans into it to prevent Rashford from getting it. Looked like it hit closer to his elbow than shoulder.
If that had been the other way around, I'd be screaming for a pen.

;