AFC Bournemouth v Millwall - Last Game In The Championship

billythekid

UTC Legend
It’s Been Some Season - Now Enjoy!

Well we are UP and the job done on getting back into the Premier League after dominating the second half on Tuesday night and getting the only goal on the night from Kieffer Moore. The whistle went and the pitch was invaded by jubilant Cherries fans, the ‘party’ and celebrations had started. But unlike our last promotion up into the Premier League, the last game of the season is at home again and the ‘party’ will start all over again and everyone can just relax and enjoy the football without worrying about the result. From what has been reported, our club will be presented by the EFL with a smaller trophy and the squad members with medals for being runners up after the game.

Our next game is the second of our home games and the last game of the season, it is on Saturday at the earlier time of 12.30 pm, our opponents are Millwall, they have an outside chance of a play-off place if they win at Dean Court depending on other results. We played Millwall at the Den back in November, the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Benik Afobe scored the home sides goal and Dominic Solanke scored for AFCB. That was after 19 games played, the Cherries were 2nd in the table with 41 points and the Lions 10th with 27 points.

The Lions away results since our game in November, W 3, D 4, L 6. Home they have W 9, D 2, L 2. Millwall’s recent home game was against relegated Peterborough United, Millwall won 3-0. Gary Rowett’s side are in 8th place after 45 games with 69 points, 3 points off a play-off place. Millwall have already improved on last season where after 46 games they finished in 11th place with 62 points. The Lions best run of form this season was between February and beginning of March, they had five consecutive wins. Their latest run of form over the last five games, has been WDWDW.

Millwall last visited Dean Court in January 2021, the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Dominic Solanke scoring for AFCB on the stroke of half-time and Matt Smith equalising for Millwall in the second half. The previous occasion the two sides met at Dean Court was our promotion season of 2014-15, that also ended in a draw.

In all our home league games against Millwall, AFCB have W 17, D 9, L 10.
All competitions home and away, AFCB have W 28, D 14, L 38.

AFCB Team News
Might be some changes to the starting lineup, Jefferson Lerma went off on Tuesday night with an injury.

AFCB Player To Watch
Will be watching and hoping Dominic Solanke can finish the league season with his 30th goal. Like to see more of Kieffer Moore and Dominic Solanke playing together over a longer period in a game, maybe Saturday.

Millwall Team News
Daniel Ballard missed the home game against Peterborough United with a muscle injury. Scott Malone out with hamstring injury he got in game against Hull City.

Millwall Player To Watch
Benik Afobe, our old player has scored 6 goals in his last 8 games and is leading scorer with 12 goals. Jed Wallace has 6 goals and most assists with 12.

The Referee
Another Premier League referee and one known to Cherries fans.
Andre Marriner has only been in charge of one of our previous games this season, it was away at Barnsley and Gary Cahill was shown a red card late into the game.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but Millwall will be bang up for this one. They have Benik Afobe up front, who is destined for great things. Also they play 13 across the back, and we've been notoriously bad against teams who sneak on extra players during the game while the refs not looking.

I fear for our season. If you take Millwalls last three wins and ignore the draws and defeats in between they will finish the season on record points.

(Well, if he has gone all shy I'm happy to help).

Something to think about after Millwall....to further uplift the mood.....a vision of Brooks at some point next season appearing once again in the PL...imagine the welcoming noise at DC... or even the likes of Anfield !

I hate to say it, but Millwall will be bang up for this one. They have Benik Afobe up front, who is destined for great things. Also they play 13 across the back, and we've been notoriously bad against teams who sneak on extra players during the game while the refs not looking.

I fear for our season. If you take Millwalls last three wins and ignore the draws and defeats in between they will finish the season on record points.

(Well, if he has gone all shy I'm happy to help).
but seriously, if you look at the form table they've won their previous one game, a max 3 from 3 points available. Hard to see past a Millwall win to be honest.

but seriously, if you look at the form table they've won their previous one game, a max 3 from 3 points available. Hard to see past a Millwall win to be honest.
You are Waz (US edition) and I claim my US$5.

Seriously though, there must be some unwritten rule that says that because it is meaningful to Millwall (and Luton and M'Boro and possibly even Sheffield United), we need to put on a representative 11 even if we get to rest a few guys who have given it their all?

I've lumped a pony on them to beat us 5-0 and fuck you lot as I envisage this outcoming occurring. As Rob says we need to be realistic here, they seemingly are far more superior in several areas and as I'm the only one (apart from Rob )with any sense of realism I fear for us.

Can you realistically see Parker being able to handle Afobe ? No I think not and I fear for anyone who does. We've generally struggled against a back 3/4/5 all season. I'm sorry but without doubt and in all due honesty I think they will win.

If you can't handle my different opinion (and Robs) then its unbelievably sad as I just can't subscribe to that form of thinking. Millwall should be considered favourites. I’m commenting on the certainty of how the outcome should be perceived, not the outcome itself. If you disagree then I disagree more strongly, so much so I strongly disagree and I state that with conviction it will be back to the status Quo.

I've lumped a pony on them to beat us 5-0 and fuck you lot as I envisage this outcoming occurring. As Rob says we need to be realistic here, they seemingly are far more superior in several areas and as I'm the only one (apart from Rob )with any sense of realism I fear for us.

Can you realistically see Parker being able to handle Afobe ? No I think not and I fear for anyone who does. We've generally struggled against a back 3/4/5 all season. I'm sorry but without doubt and in all due honesty I think they will win.

If you can't handle my different opinion (and Robs) then its unbelievably sad as I just can't subscribe to that form of thinking. Millwall should be considered favourites. I’m commenting on the certainty of how the outcome should be perceived, not the outcome itself. If you disagree then I disagree more strongly, so much so I strongly disagree and I state that with conviction so it will be back to the status Quo.
F'in great wind-up boys. As @SlowDownDerek said a few days ago, some good-natured p*ss-taking makes this place.

It is so good we clinched it last night. It could have been a disaster if we sealed it against Millwall who were fighting for the play offs and our fans invaded the pitch at the end.
On Saturday I would love for Dom to get his 30th goal. I would like to see Parker line up with this team:
Travers,
Stacey, Hill, Mepham, Brady
Lowe, Pearson, Marcondez, Dembele,
Moore, Solanke
(Killkenny, Anthony, JZ, Smudge, Dennis, Moriah-welsh, Cahill)

Hoping Fulham beat Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough slip up. Not fussed if Millwall beat us and either of those two don't make it. Not fussed about the result on Saturday nor the performance. I'm just going to enjoy the party atmosphere, applaud the players at the end, go home and look forward to my holi-gogs. Anyone know when ST renewals will be sent out??;)

Thanks Billy for doing these, you must spend hours over each one, very much appreciated : )

Also well done the WAZ tribute posse but the Sheffield Forest Albion posses are insanely better : )

Thanks, hope they give a little insight into our opponents.

Last edited:
I might be out of keel with most people but I think it would be pretty disrespectful to not field our strongest 11. If we were in Luton's position and the roles were reversed we'd be pretty devastated. I don't really see that giving fringe players the last game of the season is going to benefit them. I'd like Parker to tell our first 11 to go out , enjoy the day and play with freedom, attack and flair and see where it takes us.
It would be a great end of season present to our supporters to watch these players with the shackles off.

;