AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United - Live On Sky 5.30 pm

Everyone bleating on about Newcastle.
Fook em. We were superb that day.
I remember when summarising the game, the Spanish commentator said something to the effect of "This is what we were used to seeing from Iraola's Rayo. This is the first time that I've seen AFCB sustain it for 90 minutes. It looks as though the players have finally understood how he wants to play and I would expect this to be a turning point in their season."
Hopefully he was right.
It was an impressive performance and very entertaining to watch.

The Newcastle team was well beaten by a much improved AFCB performance.

If we see the same performance again, we will beat Newcastle on their turf.

Newcastle were thoroughly outplayed Fish, and we all have players out.

Get over it.

most teams are depleted to some extent

specifically, what was the issue with the (h)away :grinning: fans at the end of the game, notwithstanding having just lost to the tin-pot cherries?
No problem, one lad was gobbing off at the team, so Trippier had a word with him. The lad has since gone on social media to apologise and own his mistake.

The media like to whip things up, but I can confidently say 99.99% of Newcastle fans are fully behind the team and more specifically Eddie Howe. There can't be many better managers out there for us at such a time of upheaval and your boy has exceeded all expectations.

I firmly believe there are three things you can do to be a good football team; get the ball, keep the ball, use the ball. If you can do 2 out of three you'll do well, do all three and you'll be successful. Under Bruce we were terrible at the back, couldn't keep possession, and had no plan in attack beyond 'Get it to ASM'.

Howe very quickly had us defending way better and attacking with purpose and variety. We're not quite there in terms of keeping the ball, but it's clear that's what the aim is with our recent transfers. That he managed to do that amidst the turmoil of a takeover, with no senior execs at the club other than the owners and skeleton coaching, medical and analysis departments, well it's a minor miracle.

Add to that his calm assurance, level-headedness and warm (if a little dull) demeanour... Well he's already in the top 3 managers at NUFC in my lifetime, if he wins something he could get that top spot. Which I'm sure he'd be eager for.

The Newcastle team was well beaten by a much improved AFCB performance.

If we see the same performance again, we will beat Newcastle on their turf.

Newcastle were thoroughly outplayed Fish, and we all have players out.

Get over it.
Maybe it's just semantics, but I've not said we weren't outplayerd. I've not even said that the only reason you beat us was because we were depleted. You deserved all 3pts and you got them. Good on ye.

All I'm saying is that someone on here said we weren't decimated by injuries because we still had Pope and Trippier on the pitch. I find fault with that. No team in the League had more players out of action than Newcastle.

I remember when summarising the game, the Spanish commentator said something to the effect of "This is what we were used to seeing from Iraola's Rayo. This is the first time that I've seen AFCB sustain it for 90 minutes. It looks as though the players have finally understood how he wants to play and I would expect this to be a turning point in their season."
Hopefully he was right.
It was an impressive performance and very entertaining to watch.

When the inevitable Michael B Jordan narrated documentary comes out the turning point will be the VAR review in the last minute against Burnley....

.. time slows down, heartbeat audio played over pitch-level slow mos of players and fans looking crestfallen in the pouring rain, a shot of Foley in the stand with a I'm-going-to-sack-the-manager-as-soon-as-the-final-whistle-goes expression on his face, Iraola pensive... They'll have to show an abridged version of the actual VAR check because you can't have 20 minutes of nothing in the middle of your documentary. Then ... Euphoria cut to Iraola, players, fans, Foley, Foley's wife, cherry bear, all jumping for joy.

They will then airbrush the Man City game from history and cut straight to Newcastle where they can show as much champagne football as they like. Obviously the first series will only go up to the FA cup win and won't have any of the Champions League dramas in it.

When the inevitable Michael B Jordan narrated documentary comes out the turning point will be the VAR review in the last minute against Burnley....

.. time slows down, heartbeat audio played over pitch-level slow mos of players and fans looking crestfallen in the pouring rain, a shot of Foley in the stand with a I'm-going-to-sack-the-manager-as-soon-as-the-final-whistle-goes expression on his face, Iraola pensive... They'll have to show an abridged version of the actual VAR check because you can't have 20 minutes of nothing in the middle of your documentary. Then ... Euphoria cut to Iraola, players, fans, Foley, Foley's wife, cherry bear, all jumping for joy.

They will then airbrush the Man City game from history and cut straight to Newcastle where they can show as much champagne football as they like. Obviously the first series will only go up to the FA cup win and won't have any of the Champions League dramas in it.
You certainly seem to understand how sports documentaries work Derek :thumbup:
What you describe may not be an accurate reflection of what actually happened that season but heck, I'd watch it. Sounds chuffing brilliant ! :p

Newcastle will be able to loan players from sides also controlled by their Saudi owners in January after a vote by Premier League clubs on a temporary ban on related-party loans did not receive the required support to be introduced.

Thirteen clubs voted in favour of the block on loan moves between teams under the same ownership.
That was one short of the two-thirds majority needed for it to be passed.

The Premier League was understood to be in favour of introducing the ban.

So that's two players a season on an unlimited budget outside of FFP?

Newcastle will be able to loan players from sides also controlled by their Saudi owners in January after a vote by Premier League clubs on a temporary ban on related-party loans did not receive the required support to be introduced.

Thirteen clubs voted in favour of the block on loan moves between teams under the same ownership.
That was one short of the two-thirds majority needed for it to be passed.

The Premier League was understood to be in favour of introducing the ban.

So according to that article, we voted in favour of the ban, even though we are in the process of building our own multi-club model ? That's interesting :unsure:

;